StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a ride to the Black Hills with my son sometime in late June or July. We have both been there and have seen the tourist traps by car. We are now looking for places to go to off the beaten track. If anyone has any suggestions of routes, places to see and places to camp would appreciated. I'll be on the V-Strom and he'll be on a KLR which usually means I'll be the pack mule.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Brings back good memories, van camped on my honeymoon in 1977 in a huge field with horses roaming about. Hearing them graze outside was a trip

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm planning a ride to the Black Hills with my son sometime in late June or July. We have both been there and have seen the tourist traps by car. We are now looking for places to go to off the beaten track. If anyone has any suggestions of routes, places to see and places to camp would appreciated. I'll be on the V-Strom and he'll be on a KLR which usually means I'll be the pack mule.
You can primitive camp almost anywhere in the Black Hills National Forest. If you would like a few amenities, Black Fox Campground west of Rochford is great. There are several nice gravel roads to explore in the area. Definitely off the beaten path.

Of course, Burgers at the Moonshine Gultch Saloon in Rochford is a must!

Sleddog

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great! I'll check out the map. Water and a crapper is about the only thing we need... I'm getting too old to use a log. Thanks.

You can primitive camp almost anywhere in the Black Hills National Forest. If you would like a few amenities, Black Fox Campground west of Rochford is great. There are several nice gravel roads to explore in the area. Definitely off the beaten path.

Of course, Burgers at the Moonshine Gultch Saloon in Rochford is a must!

Sleddog

·
Registered
4 Posts
Black Hills ride?

I hadn't checked this site for a while, logged in, saw you post and was wondering if you made it to the Hills yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts