StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where to get new tires/chain installed around Phoenix?

Can anyone recommend a reputable place around the Phoenix area where I can have new tires and a chain installed? I'm down in the east valley in Gilbert and will order my own stuff online. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Expect to install new sprockets as well.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'm not prepared to do this stuff yet since when I go out there I'm essentially on vacation and I'd much rather be riding.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I just ordered a set of TKC-70's, DID chain and new sprockets, which should be here hopefully by the end of the week. A local forum member has a HF tire changer so we're going to do the tires. I'll probably hit up the STealer to install the chain and sprockets since I don't have a rivet tool, nor have I ever replaced a chain. 21K on the OEM drivetrain and lubed religiously.

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
My chain and sprocket went on my recent trip...labor to change was $130....I thought it was reasonable especially since the front sprocket took 1/2 hr to remove....stuck in there like a big tick on a coon dog.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had Apache Motorsports install my new TKC70's, DID chain and sprockets. The drone from the squared rear tire is gone but now I have whine that disappears when I pull in the clutch and the bike pulls to the right. I'm dropping it back off tomorrow. Price was $195 including tax. I think I'm gonna like the TKC70's but I'm gonna ride some dirt roads here to scrub them in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts