StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any recommendations on where to get my DL1000 recall work done? I bought it at Newmarket Suzuki (won't make that mistake again) and I have never heard anything good about their service department.
I live about three hours NW of Toronto on the Bruce peninsula.
Has anybody tried Larrys Small Engines near Orangeville?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is there a recall on the DL1000 too? I thought it was just the 650.

I'm taking mine into Brampton Powersports on Saturday so I'll let you know how it goes. It's a two week turnaround for the work, apparently.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an appointment at Two wheel Motorsports in Guelph.
I'm dropping it off on Saturday....

Going to give them a shot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So just to follow up - I took the bike to Brampton Powersports because it is the closest dealer to the west end of downtown Toronto, which is where I live. They told me two weeks and it took three, but the bike seems to be running well and there are no scratches on the body work.

My bike had 3991km on it, which is a hair under the 4000km cut off for automatic replacement of parts. The invoice says they replaced the tappet "D" set and gasket "B" set as well as replaced the coolant. They don't list a camshaft on the items replaced although the work order is for "tappet and camshaft replacement".

The service staff were ok - basically what I've come to expect from a bike shop, not overly nice or friendly.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an appointment at Two wheel Motorsports in Guelph.
I'm dropping it off on Saturday....

Going to give them a shot.
Got it back, seems fine.
They did a very nice neat job on all the wiring and hooked up all my farkles again. I was a bit suprised:smile2:.
It took about 3 weeks but the weather wasnt good enough to ride anyways.
Bottom line I will take my bike back there if I need dealer service again.:smile2:
Steve

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I've heard good things about two wheel, got a chance to talk to a manager there at one of the bike shows, seems like a no bullshit kind of guy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just an update on my recall work I had done at Brampton Powersports.

I was installing a new engine guard that I bought when I noticed the radiator was loose. Upon inspection in turns out that Brampton PS missed two bolts on the radiator assembly when they put everything back together.

I have been emailing them about it but they have been very slow to respond.

Not impressed by a shop forgetting bolts. That's pretty basic stuff - keeping a tray with all the fasteners and making sure they all go back on. I'll let you know if they make an effort to make it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts