StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Had a good ride today. Couple of hundred kms. Twisty roads and the young filly loved it. She wanted to gallop but I could only let her trot. Soon gal, soon.
I did notice no matter how much I adjusted the mirrors I could not see the car behind me. So, extenders. Where to get in Canada? Also got a bit of shoulder ache after a while (that's the old fart's body talkin) so I am thinking risers are in the plan now. Also where to get and will I have any probs with the cables coming up short?

·
Registered
108 Posts
+2 on AdventureTech. Send them an e-mail and they will happily "Parcel Post" or whatever it's called in Canada, your items through regular mail. I wouldn't expect shipping to be more than $10 or so. AdventureTech ships worldwide and will try and find you the cheapest option. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
+2 on AdventureTech. Send them an e-mail and they will happily "Parcel Post" or whatever it's called in Canada, your items through regular mail. I wouldn't expect shipping to be more than $10 or so. AdventureTech ships worldwide and will try and find you the cheapest option. :thumbup:
If we are talking about the 2014 Vee2, I do not see where AdventureTech is selling mirror extenders for this model. Whether or not the mirror extenders for Vstrom 1000 prior to 2014 will fit I do not know.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have A Vicious Cycle here in Canada. I have Oxfords and Barkbusters on the way from them. I will call and see what they say.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Do the Barkbusters fit the new Zuke? There's not much real estate available on the bars for mounting virtually anything.

I'd be interested if they fit as the Suzuki hand guards are akin to a screen door on a submarine - keeps the fish out. In this case, deflects the wind but will break the first or second time the bike goes down. And if you're riding in the woods, they surely will.

I had the Oxfords installed though. I use them every morning and they work great here on Ice Planet Hoth.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Do the Barkbusters fit the new Zuke? There's not much real estate available on the bars for mounting virtually anything.

I'd be interested if they fit as the Suzuki hand guards are akin to a screen door on a submarine - keeps the fish out. In this case, deflects the wind but will break the first or second time the bike goes down. And if you're riding in the woods, they surely will.

I had the Oxfords installed though. I use them every morning and they work great here on Ice Planet Hoth.

just installed yesterday with Kaoko throttle lock

the clutch side was a bit problematic as the lever is too big for the space in the bar on the burkbusters so i had to position the bar lower then the lever
it looks ok knuckles might stick out a little
i'll upload pics later

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
V-Gehts,
I installed the oem handguards. They are strong and appear impressive. I also could not envision a place on the handlebars for barkbusters - there is no real estate on the bars for anything. While not my first choice, the OEM hand guards do look good, install easy and are made well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
like i said installed yesterday (a bit tight but mostly for the tools to tighten the mounts) the bigger problem was that the clutch lever touches the metal bar when positioned in front of it so i put it about an inch below also had the kaoko throttle lock installed

·
Registered
197 Posts
Still asking about Canadian distributors. The shipping and other charges double the price for me.
You may want to consider what I did. I ordered the mirror extenders and the fork brace (invaluable, IMHO) and had them delivered to a KinekPoint on the US border, close to my home. Cost me 5$ to collect these two items in one package. Day trip! In fact I had ordered a bunch of farkles from different suppliers and picked them all up at once. Not everything is cheaper in the US but some things definitely are.
Looks like the closest Kinek maybe 4 hours away for you though. It does look like a really cool ride though!

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Nelson,+BC&daddr=Main+St&hl=en-GB&ll=49.070267,-118.366699&spn=1.120997,2.705383&sll=49.068468,-118.369446&sspn=1.121038,2.705383&geocode=FUwz8wIdDjkC-SlxuGscH7R8UzHCvCAWhlQAbQ;FYC96gIdT43h-A&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

·
Registered
175 Posts
like i said installed yesterday (a bit tight but mostly for the tools to tighten the mounts) the bigger problem was that the clutch lever touches the metal bar when positioned in front of it so i put it about an inch below also had the kaoko throttle lock installed
Hey alon,

Can you post a couple of pictures of the 'Busters on the Vee2 please? Are they the BHG46.3-NP with Storm guards? If not, can you list the model as well?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
310 Posts
My experience as a Canadian buying from AdventureTech:
  1. Well packaged - zero worries about shipping damage.
  2. Reasonable shipping prices - honestly no complaints at all.
  3. Product is made in the USA so no duty charges.
  4. Fantastic products - I have the fork brace and mirror extenders with a RAM ball mount.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My experience as a Canadian buying from AdventureTech:
  1. Well packaged - zero worries about shipping damage.
  2. Reasonable shipping prices - honestly no complaints at all.
  3. Product is made in the USA so no duty charges.
  4. Fantastic products - I have the fork brace and mirror extenders with a RAM ball mount.
:iagree:
About 7$ on the shipping last week for mirror extenders. All in all about 42$ can deleivered.
Good price, fast shipping and good product.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
The mirror extensions from AdventureTech are the way to go. They're the same as for the legacy DL1000 except Rick has added 20mm extensions to raise them up a tad higher, this accommodates the Vee2 mirror mounting and gives plenty of clearance on the left side for the multipurpose switch.

They're the cats @ss when you order them with the farkle option and RAM ball mount. If NASA had been so talented as to have mirror extensions like this on the Hubble, alien life would have been discovered by now. Chicks dig them. And if they'd been available in 1961, these are the very mirror extenders that John Milner would have mounted on his yellow '32 Ford Deuce Coupe in American Graffitti....because "they're bitchin"....

And only $34 are you kidding me??? Oy vey such a deal!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK. Had a good ride today. Couple of hundred kms. Twisty roads and the young filly loved it. She wanted to gallop but I could only let her trot. Soon gal, soon.
I did notice no matter how much I adjusted the mirrors I could not see the car behind me. So, extenders. Where to get in Canada? Also got a bit of shoulder ache after a while (that's the old fart's body talkin) so I am thinking risers are in the plan now. Also where to get and will I have any probs with the cables coming up short?
I noticed the same thing today...
I ordered the extenders this afternoon...I will probably get those extenders in few days... I expect a bill of 85$ not sure if it is with the taxes (Canadian) or not.
I'm glad to understand that I will get much better back vision with the extenders.
I find Suzuki a bit cheap of not adding it at the beginning.I feel that it is a sefety issue.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hey alon,

Can you post a couple of pictures of the 'Busters on the Vee2 please? Are they the BHG46.3-NP with Storm guards? If not, can you list the model as well?

Thanks a lot!
sorry for the late response (i am out of town ). i will post pics on monday when i get back the model i have on are .2 not .3 with storm plastics

sorry for the delay pics will be up soon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts