StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at scoring a pair of Heidenau K60s for my '09 DL650, they seem to have a good track record with users and my stock tires are way too bald for the Vancouver winter weather.

My local shop says they can score them for 300$ + 100$ install, but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on how/where I can get a pair [and install] for less.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
My favorite place to buy tires or anything bike related is RevZilla. They always have the best deals, fastest shipping, and best customer service. Getting them installed is probably going to cost you around the same unless you remove and reinstall the wheels yourself.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
650 Posts
I and others from "Down under" have bought tires (tyres!) from Jake Wilson and Rocky Mountain :) and had them shipped to OZ I.ve had 3 orders! very competitive pricing :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Google 'Canada's Motorcycle' they carry Heidi's and ship for free. But some motorcycle shops will charge more to install customer supplied tires.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I order my last set of mitas e07 dakars from twisted throttle Canada. orders over 350 get free shipping.

The Mitas have about the same wear as the heidis but are cheaper

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Canada's Motorcycle is not a Canadian company. I got stale dated, nearly 5 year old tires and was really pissed. But they did sort it all out and make substitutions of new rubber at their cost. Always Always Always check the date codes when buying tires.
Pete's Superbikes in Montreal is the best, new Metzler Tourance tires must come right off the ship from the factory where ever that may be, fast service, completely automated and cheap shipping to Kingston Ontario.

·
Super Moderator
13,071 Posts
Pete's Superbike client here as well. Bought over 20 and maybe closer to 30 tires from them for my bikes and my wife's. Great service. great prices and fast delivery.

..Tom

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Another happy customer of pete's.

For getting them mounted i've either done it my self (takes me a couple hours a tire, sometimes i scratch a rim) or for $20 a tire i take them to pro6 at the track (they're gentle) or rosey toes in toronto (you risk a scratched rim), much less than the local suzuki stealership who want $80 a tire if i buy them from them and $100 if i bring in my own, that's with the wheels off the bike.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Petes for sure. Bought many tires and other stuff there. Going to buy a new helmet there in the spring. Once they shipped me the wrong tires. I call and the owner overnight shipped me the correct tires even though I insisted regular shipping would be fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts