StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to buy a Rear Only Shinko 705 radial. Where is the cheapest place to buy with shipping?

MotorcycleSuperstore.com is $89 shipped

Revzilla is $80 shipped but found out their bias ply.

Any suggestions cheaper than $89 shipped?

Update (05/11/12):

My local dealer sold me a radial Rear for $93. I took the wheel off myself and had them install the tire. I walked out the door with tire installed on wheel, balanced, and old tire disposal for $124. Seemed very reasonable and I was supporting a local dealer at the same time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those are some good prices. I doubt you will find them any cheaper than that.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
you want a new rear tire cheaper than 89 dollars shipped??

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
swmototires.com is also $89 shipped.

Are you sure Revzilla has the old stock bias ply tire, or just failed to update their tire listing?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you want a new rear tire cheaper than 89 dollars shipped??
Just making sure there wasn't some place that was cheaper than that is all.

swmototires.com is also $89 shipped.

Are you sure Revzilla has the old stock bias ply tire, or just failed to update their tire listing?
I called Revzilla and they said they were Bias Ply.

chaparral-racing.com - $88.62 shipped. If you spend $150, you can get free 2nd day air shipping making it only $80.63 for the tire.
Thanks for the post. Looks like the way to go.

·
Registered
860 Posts
chaparral-racing.com - $88.62 shipped. If you spend $150, you can get free 2nd day air shipping making it only $80.63 for the tire.
I bought mine from them in store. I'm not even sure if its radial or not. I asked the tech and he said "it's bias, I don't even know why they make radials anymore" Didn't inspire confidence in his words. :|

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
I bought mine from them in store. I'm not even sure if its radial or not. I asked the tech and he said "it's bias, I don't even know why they make radials anymore" Didn't inspire confidence in his words. :|
A radial has an 'R' in the sizing code. Ex: 150/70R-17.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I've never had a problem finding something else I need to get over the free shipping hump...

Are you made of stone, man? Surely you could use a bottle of fork oil or some inexpensive tool. Or peruse the clearance section for some $10 gloves. :thumbup:

Revzilla charges $5 shipping per tire, so the total would be $84.99.

Shinko replaced the bias-ply 705 last year with the radials, and I find it very hard to believe that Revzilla is somehow the only retailer sitting on a pile of bias-ply 705s in stock.

I find it much easier to believe that they simply have not updated their product listing, and are ignorant of this one detail of one specific size of one product. I doubt very much they're actually stocking these, too -- most online tire retailers drop ship from the same few distributor warehouses. When you ask a question, the rep can't get up and go look at an actual physical tire -- he only has the same incorrect information on his screen that you do.

Also, if you'll recall, the bias-ply 705 was $15-$20 cheaper. The pricing seems to be in line with the radial version.

All that said, I'd still order from Motorcycle Superstore. The $5 in savings isn't worth the potential hassle of a return. Perhaps eventually Revzilla will get enough complaints to correct the listing, or if they really are leftover bias ply tires, maybe they'll put 'em on clearance at half price or something.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
I need to buy a Rear Only Shinko 705 radial. Where is the cheapest place to buy with shipping?

MotorcycleSuperstore.com is $89 shipped

Revzilla is $80 shipped but found out their bias ply.

Any suggestions cheaper than $89 shipped?

Update (05/11/12):

My local dealer sold me a radial Rear for $93. I took the wheel off myself and had them install the tire. I walked out the door with tire installed on wheel, balanced, and old tire disposal for $124. Seemed very reasonable and I was supporting a local dealer at the same time.
Thank you for supporting your local dealer. It's a very challenging time to be a retailer and I'm sure they appreciate your support.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts