StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Baton Rouge. None of the local dealers have a DL1000 on the floor. Suzooks website shows the last new model as an '09. Does that mean they have stock in warehouses somewhere? If so; does anyone know how plentiful or hard to get they might be? Has anyone on here bought a "new" one recently and if so, were you able to deal on a (practically) 3 year-old "new" bike?

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
I believe they are somewhere

yes no 2011 and no one made for 2010 so 2009 is a new one.
I am sure that your dealer can order one but usually if you have to order then there is little discounting

2011 exist in Canada and I believe everywhere else. I bought a 2006 as a 4 year left over. Needed to drain gas and new plugs but she's fine

I would not be afraid of a newish one

·
Registered
832 Posts
Suzooks website shows the last new model as an '09. Does that mean they have stock in warehouses somewhere? Has anyone on here bought a "new" one recently and if so, were you able to deal on a (practically) 3 year-old "new" bike?
During my relatively recent search for a new '09 (I wanted the liter bike), I was advised by multiple sales managers that any US-based 1000s still available were with the dealers. Warehouses never came up in conversation.

I was lucky insomuch that I didn't have to negotiate any pricing. My mere expression of interest in purchasing the '09 -- after a not-insignificant search effort -- prompted the dealer to reduce the list price by $950.00, and waive the freight and set-up charges. I rode away a happy fella.

And I'm now much happier since installing the Power Commander V, too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. That's not a very far drive. I will be ready to pull the trigger at the end of the month. I'll check 'em out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts