StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow friends,

Where can I buy a set of .9 springs for my Wee?

sonic springs are $80 plus $40 delivery.

Is there a cheaper local option?

from sv racing is $255 for the valve emulators and springs + $90 delivery.

or a shop in NSW that can upgrade my forks?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Fork springs

Try Technic at Penrith or look at the advert. section in the free publication of Torque. You will have at least a dozen (or metric 10) to choose from. Which reminds me that I have promised myself a set of the same.
Enjoy the new handling.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
unless u can get a trade discount somewhere - dont think any known quality dealer sell springs for less than $150. So sonic springs is pretty cheap in comparison.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try Shock Treatment Home Page

they will match your srings to your weight and intended use.

They know their stuff
+1 for Shock treatment out at Wallacia. Give them a call first and discuss your options. I did my fronts first and then found the rear was about 'ted as well. Terry and his boys matched everything up perfectly and now different bike all together. Terry has set up quite a few Vee's and Wee's and is very knowledgeable on their handling. Yep you can buy out of the States but local knowledge and the ability to talk to them before and after the work is done, for me anyways made the deal sweet.
Farmer.:thumbup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sonic springs are the cheap (but good quality) option

·
Registered
811 Posts
+1 for Shock treatment out at Wallacia. Give them a call first and discuss your options. I did my fronts first and then found the rear was about 'ted as well. Terry and his boys matched everything up perfectly and now different bike all together. Terry has set up quite a few Vee's and Wee's and is very knowledgeable on their handling. Yep you can buy out of the States but local knowledge and the ability to talk to them before and after the work is done, for me anyways made the deal sweet.
Farmer.:thumbup:

if you can't/don't want to do the work yourself then give Terry a call, he even has a couple of test loops you can try it out on.

·
Registered
254 Posts
if you can't/don't want to do the work yourself then give Terry a call, he even has a couple of test loops you can try it out on.
I have used Terry Hay at Shock Treatment before and he does excellent work (including pulling down my front a second time because it was a little off).

However... front and rear, springs and damping will set you back about $1000

·
Registered
231 Posts
i run .95 sonics with 73mm spacers and 7.5w,125mm from the top fully compressed, fork brace and steering damper ..front is great..just put in soupys raising and lowering links and dropped the rear 22mm and the forks now are 30mm thru the trees....new tyre next week so i'll have news then on the rear....your weight is also important i'm 83kg..yes terry is good also try ian wightman in singelton..

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys !!!

It looks like it will be Terry from shock T. I saw the shop in google maps and it looks like there's a circuit on his backyard !!! Did he let you ride there?

This leads me to my next questions my fellow sydney riders.

Where can I find a nice fire trail or easy off road trail no more than an hour away from the cbd?

and who wants to come with me?!?!?!?!?!?!

come on weather is warming up !!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts