StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I grab a couple at every strom rally I attend.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
balkamp makes a similar fastener that will work from Napa. It is slightly different in that it is not a push pin but uses a screwdriver. It is NAPA part #665-2383. They are about $5.00 for a half dozen.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Lowes carries a variety of them.

·
Registered
506 Posts
These different ones have to be cheaper than the Suzuki snaps. I bought a couple this spring at the shop. Figuring I could get at least half a dozen (I think I had 9 or 10 bucks in my wallet) easily, I only bought 2. I asked the lady at the desk if they were gold plated because I thought they should be, with the Suzuki rep standing right beside me. What a rip-off...:beatnik:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Bought some at a Suzuki / Honda dealer in the spring. 60 cents each for the Honda ones. $2 each for the Suzi ones. Same deal on the bolt that holds the radiator in place. Special order $12 from Suzi. $1.50 for the Honda. But I had to ask if there was a generic or other substitute for both. I asked the parts guy WTF? He said some people refuse to put a non NAMEYOURBRANDHERE part on their bikes. The generic non-branded radiator bolt? 85 cents. I told him I would be back if my Wee had an allergic reaction to the generic bolt. I walked out with it and 5 generic push pin thingies. They all work just fine.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
For anyone North of the border in B.C. check out Lordco Auto Parts. 2 or 3 different sizes there.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I have to ask why we need to buy replacements in the first place?

I've had the plastic off my '06 countless times and I haven't replaced one yet.

Are we removing them with a chisel or something?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow, AUTOZONE! i found them on the fastener shelf. $3.00 a dozen! its called 1/4 inch tabs. fits a bit tighter than the stock. the head doesnt push in to release, u just pull it out with your finger nail.

-matt

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
:furious: Well, that explains it. I guess you took your payment for that free medical advice the other day.
I'll consider returning any I found lying on the ground near your bike for a ride on your new Yamaha.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts