StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know where everyone buys their stuff from... I looked at the vendor forum, but didn't really see anything..

So far, I've found Twisted Throttle, Sporttour.com, & vstroma.. Has anyone used these sites?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've used Twisted Throttle, Dan Vessel, Richland Rick, Murph's Kits, & Altrider. No pain so far. :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Some of My Choices

It depends on what you are looking for. Murph's Kits, Eastern Beaver, Pat Walsh Designs, and Richland Rick are all vendors I have used farkling my wee. Each one provided excellent service at a fair price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've used all the companies listed already plus sv racing parts and touratech. All have been very helpful and responsive. All depends on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
15,601 Posts
I got my stuff, bags,skid plate and swmotec crash bars on the Vstom for sale section.
Support your fellow Strommer!

·
Registered
22 Posts
notacop makes a good point. In addition to the vendors mentioned in my previous post, I purchased a nearly new Sargent seat from a member on this board and saved some money. :hurray:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Pat Walsh Designs, this forum and my local dealer. I like to support the local shop owners when I can.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Vstroma delevered promtly, no worries

Locally in Sydney

adventuremoto.com

if you live in sydney they are at dural. otherwise $20 delivery for anything Aus wide

mcas.com.au

at Auburn give you a better price than the web listings if you go into the shop

·
Registered
152 Posts
I buy new stuff from Motorcycle Superstore, but have also bought and sold items to other members of this forum (I just installed some Givi E21 sideboxes over the weekend that I bought from a member in Kansas, at a significant discount from retail new).

What really works well when doing business with other forum members is using a Paypal account, which allows you to set up an invoice, a real professional transaction.

Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've used all the previous mentioned suppliers plus 2. Compacc.com gave me the best prices on Givi luggage and brackets. CalSci has a boat load of info on their site as well as offer a pretty nice windshield. Don't forget Eastern Beaver. A fellow Strom enthusiast and forum member. They carry a nice array of electrical upgrades that are Strom specific.
Mike

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Some great East Coast Vendors:
I see you are from NJ. Well being from NY I am annoyed that so many vendors are West Coasters and that adds to shipping time (particularly since free shipping is usually ground shipping). A couple of great East Coast vendors are Revzilla (Phila, PA) and Dual Sport Armory (VA I think?). Revzilla has free shipping, awesome video reviews of many products, and FREE RETURN SHIPPING even on helmets for the first return/exchange. Plus in addition to them matching any price, you earn money towards next purchase at Revzilla. I've ordered parts from multiple vendors the same day and Revzilla is always there first. Dual Sport Armory has few things, but they carry excellent Wolfman dual sport luggage and other well selected products.

Newenough also is a great place to check out clothing due to fantastic product reviews and great return policies.

Other misc vendors (Central and Left Coasters):
Aerostitch has one of the neatest catalogs I've seen for touring accessories and specialty items see: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear While the Touratech catalog is better for BMW bikes and has a few V-Strom items, the 2011 Aerostitch catalog is #1 on my book shelf.

I've ordered several things from SV Racing which has been generally good, with some variability in speed and pricing on three occasions, but the advice they offer is very solid.

Ordered Ohlins shock from Dan Kyle Racing [email protected], the largest Ohlins dealer and the best prices by some margin I found.

Ordered a nice passenger backrest from Dan Vesel.

Twisted Throttle has nice Givi items and other things organized by your model.

Burkhart Racing sells nice raising links.

Alaska Leathers sells very nice sheepskin pads that fit well for the V-Strom.

For more product reviews try a search of: webBikeWorld

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I agree with most of these companies and comments the others are making. Theres another that no one has mentioned yet.

MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough)

More of a general MC accessory store, but still very good, and has some great deals.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, guys! I'm going to check all of these places out.. Time to start buying!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
112 Posts
These are the vendors I purchase from:

Happy-Trail (Panniers, highway pegs)
Richland Rick (mirror extenders, fork brace, footpeg lowering kit)
Pat Walsh Designs (Stebel horn kit)
Touratech (misc stuff)
Twisted Throttle (lots and lots o' stuff)
Strombone (GPS mount)
Caribou (Pelican cases)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've use several of the vendors already mentioned but I wanted to highlight one that I haven't seen and several that are members:

Narcosis Junky: Love his steel skid plate and looking at his highway pegs. He has several other items for sale in the "Group Buys and Stromtrooper Inventors-Product Showcase" forum that he's developed. His prices are typically better than the big boy's and quality is excellent.

Mentioned already, but want to +1 Blair @ SVRacing, Jim @ Eastern Beaver, Pat Walsh, and Stombone (GPS mount).

Check out the "Dealers- Vendors Member Experiences" forum for more reviews pro and con.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts