StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 05 wee strom and I want a centerstand. Which one is recommended and how much are they? Also what is the best place order from for the best deal.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
16,998 Posts
jbh said:
I just got an 05 wee strom and I want a centerstand. Which one is recommended and how much are they? Also what is the best place order from for the best deal.

Thanks.
I chose the Suzuki stand "VERY SATISFIED"....ordered from Oneida Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
jbh said:

Thanks.
I installed the OEM Suzuki stand- Oneida Suzuki is the least expensive place I found- $178- $192 w/shipping. I have yet to drag it- though I've tried! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I went with the Suzuki stand ordered from Oneida (along with some other stuff). It seems well made for the bike and is very stable, although installing the springs was life-threatening.

I did notice a significant reduction in lean angle on the left, at least if you install the longer footpeg warning feeler. I"ve cranked up the preload and hang off a little on left-handers and it's acceptable, if less than optimal.

- Mark

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like the Suzuki stand wins the vote. How much cheaper is the Onieda dealer vs my local dealer? Did any of you do a price check? I am assuming this dealer specializes in internet parts orders to make it cheaper?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think it's something like $150 vs. $220, but there's shipping and tax to consider too. You can look the prices up as easily as I can.

Yes, Oneida is a Suzuki dealer that has decided to specialize in volume internet sales and prices accordingly.

- Mark

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oneida was $197 with shipping included. Dealer wanted $225 but I talked them into 10% off so total with tax was $215, close enough to Oneida without having to deal with shipping and returns so I went with my local dealer. Should have it next Wednesday.

Thanks for the input and help on this issue.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
FWIW, field tested SWMotech stands WILL drag before Suzuki stands thus the latter won out for me. It may or may not be important to emphasize that this is in reference to a DL1k w/stock suspension setup, no lowering, etc.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
that's from an upright position i assume. the sw crosspiece is lower and bottoms easier. the zook is wider which causes it to ground earlier in left handers.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
greywolf said:
that's from an upright position i assume. the sw crosspiece is lower and bottoms easier. the zook is wider which causes it to ground earlier in left handers.
greywolf, I was just testing ya to see if you were paying attention... yes, I neglected to put that very important piece of info in the post... indeed from an upright position. Hell, they both drag from both sides but there's a bit of warning and gauge to those--not so on upright clearance, more of a guessing game and when it comes to safety I like to remove as much guessing as possible. :wink: BTW, can you design me a cs that I can remove as easily as my V46? :p

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
a swingarm lift may be better than a cs for that ability.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've has both SW Motech an Suzuki, If you go off road the SW sucks hits hard and drags on everything, I pretty much turned mine to scrap after 3500 miles, I got the Suzuki from my local dealer (talked them into a 10% discount) much better design does't hit off road any more. Go with Suzuki.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts