StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've been reading and reading threads about wiring which is my nemesis, but I will prevail. From what I can tell the Brown wire which goes back to the brake light is a good/best source for tapping into for a switched relay which is in my fuzeblock fz-1. I don't want to have to take things apart to get back to that brake light and find the brown wire. It's way back there away from the battery where I'm working and under stuff I have never removed before. I want to tap it near or nearer the battery. I could keep reading, but maybe somebody will just tell me where to look or tell me a better way. I have the fuzeblock installed and hooked up to the positive and negative poles on the battery (yes the positive has a 30amp inline fuse). Now I need to find that damn brown wire!...or something better.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
If you have a Vee, the brown wire is in a sheath running to the left of the under seat tray. It changes to gray under the fender. You can also use the orange wire with a green stripe running off the rear brake light switch.

·
38,049 Posts
I guessed right. See my edit of the previous post.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you GW. In the morning I will begin the hunt again. For now I'm hunting a bottle of Benriach 12 scotch or maybe a Woodford Reserve bourbon. Make that a double!

·
38,049 Posts
At the top of the spring wire coming up from the rear brake lever.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Again, thank you, big!! Right now you seem like a savior, and hopefully tomorrow you will truly become one. Yes, this is your 15 minutes of fame.

·
38,049 Posts
I don't drink. Even if I liked the stuff, my gastroesophageal reflux disease wouldn't. I get to ingest Nexium rather than alcohol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about a Speyburn 10 yr old for $15? Mild and smooth.
Tell me more! I don't know the Speyburn 10, but at that price along with your description I could become a junky. Where do you get it for that price?

I don't drink. Even if I liked the stuff, my gastroesophageal reflux disease wouldn't. I get to ingest Nexium rather than alcohol.
I don't know Nexium either, but maybe you've got it on all of us. Straight to the "hard" stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts