1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... behind your girlfriends car.

bought the bike yesterday.
got it home ~3am
laying on it's side in the driveway behind my gf's car by 8am.

went home from work to inspect damage aroun 930, a few scratches and one plastic body retainer missing. i had no choice but to take it for a test drive on my way back to work :)

('08 flat black for curious parties)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Did you have crash bars on? No broken signals or levers? I'd say you got lucky. If your strom is like most, that won't be the last time she ends up on her side. Just don't tell the GF that. Milk this one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
technically, g/f bought the bike. i have a "zero interest" loan for the majority of the purchase price.

bike is lowered 1" by PO, makes side stand sketchy. it'll prob get returned to stock ride height tonight.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a hundred miles or so later, and no permanent damage to the bike. still missing one pop rivet form under the front fairing.

i'd like to order tip over bars (tonight) but have yet to decide which brand. i'd better make up my mind before round 2 though...

i also raised the bike back to stock height and feel it sits much better on the side stand (compared to 1" drop). this will give her a little more bump room next time!

·
Registered
379 Posts
You'll think of your girl friend first thing every morning when you look at your bike. That's probably not the reason she had in mind though. :furious:

·
Registered
78 Posts
a hundred miles or so later, and no permanent damage to the bike. still missing one pop rivet form under the front fairing.

i'd like to order tip over bars (tonight) but have yet to decide which brand. i'd better make up my mind before round 2 though...

i also raised the bike back to stock height and feel it sits much better on the side stand (compared to 1" drop). this will give her a little more bump room next time!
The original height will make the side stand work better.

I feel badly that I didn't point that out to you. Did the bike tip to the left or the right.

Thank goodness that flat black is somewhat of a forgiving color.

Eric

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i noticed it standing more upright right away, and knew why. your pointing it out woudn't of changed it.

i did park right behind her. i planned on riding in the next morning, but the rain and fatigue decided against it. there really was minimal scratches... a bit on one of the side cases...

personally, i tend to be a bit "rough" on the things i own, and to anyone following along, when i picked the bike up from apexeric it was cleaner than on a showroom floor. i'm glad the first scratch went to someone else, as it'd haunt me. now i can go bomb down some crappy roads guilt free!

·
Registered
97 Posts
bike is lowered 1" by PO, makes side stand sketchy. it'll prob get returned to stock ride height tonight.
I lowered my V by 1" and it was nice, but a real pain to get on the centerstand. I went back to the original ride height in the rear, but kept the forks lowered. I like how it handles this way.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that reminds me,

eric, if you're still following along, were the front forks lowered as well? or are the fork tubes sposed to come up above the clamps slightly? i think i'll be lowing the forks(raising the bike) in the near future... just didn't know what stock was for reference.

·
Registered
78 Posts
that reminds me,

eric, if you're still following along, were the front forks lowered as well? or are the fork tubes sposed to come up above the clamps slightly? i think i'll be lowing the forks(raising the bike) in the near future... just didn't know what stock was for reference.
Jon, yes the forks were lowered as well. The amount of fork tube that is sticking out from the clamps is 3/4". Lowering the tubes will bring the bike height back to stock settings.

I can't beleive that I'm still here on this board, shouldn't I be over at the KLR board?!!

Eric

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YES! now get over there before you realize what you sold me and experience sellers remorse! i'm as excited now as i was when i bought my first bike... thanks for the great deal... now go enjoy your klr!

·
Registered
78 Posts
YES! now get over there before you realize what you sold me and experience sellers remorse! i'm as excited now as i was when i bought my first bike... thanks for the great deal... now go enjoy your klr!
Ha! I had sellers remorse the moment that you rode the bike out of the parking lot!!

I've received the blessings from my wife to go riding on Sunday(Mothers Day)!

Catch up to you soon...........

Eric

1 - 16 of 16 Posts