StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am quite furious right now as I'm unable to locate the main fuse on my 2015 DL1000.
Edit...

Found it and it was under my nose the whole time. I thought it was with the cluster of other fuses but it wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Don't know about the 1000 but on the 650 it's under the seat right behind the tank under a plastic cover. Might be the same.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am quite furious right now as I'm unable to locate the main fuse on my 2015 DL1000.
Edit...

Found it and it was under my nose the whole time. I thought it was with the cluster of other fuses but it wasn't.

I was pouring over the manual for the 2014 and saw you found it. Where is it located?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I too looked through the entire shop manual and found nothing. It is under the seat in front of the small fuse box with a clear plastic cover over it. There is also a wire coming out of it. If I get a chance I'll take a pic and post it so others can find it as well. I had found it at first but ignored it because there were two 30amp fuses next to each other. I thought it was for the ABS or something else but found out that one of those fuses is a spare.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The real question is why were you looking for the main fuse. If it blew, why? What needs to be fixed that caused the fuse to blow? Replacing the fuse without fixing whatever caused it to blow is not a cure.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The real question is why were you looking for the main fuse. If it blew, why? What needs to be fixed that caused the fuse to blow? Replacing the fuse without fixing whatever caused it to blow is not a cure.

I blew it when reconnecting my battery and all the accessories I had. I must have crossed something. Greywolf suggested that it was the main fuse after I described my situation in another thread and wouldn't you know he was right! Shocking I know. If you see this GW, thanks again for your expertise.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Owners manual page 7-54, " THE MAIN FUSE IS LOCATED UNDER THE SEAT 30A ONE SPARE FUSE IS LOCATED IN THE FUSE BOX "

On the same page 7-54, the manual also reviews the location of the fuses, how many spare fuses there are, as well as a Fuse List

For the DL1000A

·
Registered
609 Posts
Owners manual page 7-54, " THE MAIN FUSE IS LOCATED UNDER THE SEAT 30A ONE SPARE FUSE IS LOCATED IN THE FUSE BOX "

On the same page 7-54, the manual also reviews the location of the fuses, how many spare fuses there are, as well as a Fuse List

For the DL1000A
Amazing to me how items in the owners manual are not to be found in the shop manual sometimes...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts