StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been making due with some crappy soft side cases for a while now and I figure it's time to pony up and order some givi side cases along with the applicable rack. Can you guys recommend any good sites where I can get the givi stuff?

Also some advice on the case in particular would be nice. I'm looking for big cases but not huge. I've had givi in the past but I'm open to other brands if the price is competitive. Price is important as well..I've got a knock off givi top case now and it plain sucks. It's a bitch to open and close and made of the same plastic that they use on plastic forks! I don't imagine it will last through the new year..I think it's the JC whitney case. Either way I'd like to here your .2

Dom

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've had good success with Pat Walsh Designs out in Idaho (I think). Prices have been competitive and service has been very prompt.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just ordered a Givi E45NJ topcase for my Vee today from Twisted Throttle.

They are good to deal with and have pretty good stock, they had everything I needed in stock. :hurray:

I didn't shop around to find the absolute lowest price as I haven't seen that much of a discount on real Givi stuff in general. I was more concerned with a shop that had all the stuff I needed.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just for kicks I checked the prices at PCA, exactly the same as I paid for my kit at Twisted Throttle, to the penny.

Free shipping is hard to beat though, TT didn't offer that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just for kicks I checked the prices at PCA, exactly the same as I paid for my kit at Twisted Throttle, to the penny.

Free shipping is hard to beat though, TT didn't offer that.
Shipping can be quite a bit if you are buying bags. When I order things, they arrive a day later. I realize Ohio isn't very far away from me, but that's good service. Always nice and polite on the phone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The best place I have used is RLMotorcycles in Thomasville, GA. I use them even though I have to pay in state tax. Obviously, you wont have to. Great, fast service. Very decent prices.

Oh, I use the cheapest ones. I have 2 E36N's for the sides. I usually just run with a E45N on the tail unless I'm packing. I have run these for several years, even on my sold KLR. They are light, easy on and off, waterproof, all keyed alike, very tough. The KLR bounced on them several times with no damage.

·
Registered
516 Posts
JC whitney large case is a exact knockoff of a e 460 givi. Same materials. I have had mine for years & it works perfectly

·
Registered
302 Posts
I ordered Givi E41 side cases and V46 topcase, SW-Motech side racks, matching lock set and other assorted things from Twisted Throttle. I ended up spending >$1K, and I got free shipping, which was a HUGE savings for that stuff. Not sure exactly what their threshold is for free shipping but above a certain amount it's free. You may want to look into that. They also had everything in stock and it shipped the next day.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info guys, this should get me started.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
... and made of the same plastic that they use on plastic forks! ...
I'm sorry, but at is just too funny. :green_lol:

The best place I have used is RLMotorcycles in Thomasville, GA. I use them even though I have to pay in state tax. Obviously, you wont have to. Great, fast service. Very decent prices.

That's good to know. They are just up the road from me. Though, I believe that no matter from whom you order, the product still ships from Givi in Charlotte, NC.

Very happy with my E52 top case and E21 sides, though the latter could be even nicer if more heavily constructed, but no problems with them.

I highly recommend the addition of AdMore Lighting LED Light Kits I feel downright naked and vulnerable if I don't have them lighting up my backside.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
+1 on the AdMore LED light kit
I would add, too, that the Givi brakelight (actually the quick connector parts) are crap. At least they were a few years ago when I bought mine. Save your money to put towards the AdMores.

·
Registered
57 Posts
{{thread hijak}}

I was just looking at the mini light bar at admore.com. I think I would like that mounted somewhere other than my bags so as to have the benefits with no bags mounted. I ride without any bags occasionally. Have any of yall used the mini light bar? if so, where do you mount it? The website isnt very forthcoming about mounting this one other than it comes with a powder coated mounting bracket of some sort.

Back up plan is maybe get the universal for topbox. They dont have a fitted one for my E45 or E36s. Looks like the universal would work ok.

Thank y'all for the referral to Admore!

{{Thread Hijak Over}}

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's good to know. They are just up the road from me. Though, I believe that no matter from whom you order, the product still ships from Givi in Charlotte, NC.
Actually, everytime I have ordered it has come from Thomasville. I have had questions along the way and they have kindly answered all my questions and checked stock. i dont know if they stock everything on their website or not. My impression is that they mostly do but being male, I reserve the right to be wrong..... :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered all f my luggage through Pat Walsh. I even had an issue a few months ago and e shipped out a replacement part at no charge! Competitive pricing and great customer service!:hurray:

Héctor

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Actually, everytime I have ordered it has come from Thomasville. I have had questions along the way and they have kindly answered all my questions and checked stock. i dont know if they stock everything on their website or not. My impression is that they mostly do but being male, I reserve the right to be wrong..... :confused:
Could be. I think I ordered all of mine from Amotostuff (just 'cause) and it came from Charlotte.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts