StromTrooper banner
281 - 300 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello fellow Strommers

Hello from Mississuaga.
I'm Semi-retired now.
Hope I can hook up with some other adventure riders, Stroms preferred, For some longer rides, not limited to weekends.
Who's flexible for mid week riding?
I'm also planning to ride the South West U.S. & Mexico next fall winter. Will do in 2-3 wk spurts storing the bike & flying back & forth to Vegas. Come spring, plan is to head slowly north to BC & Alberta for summer, again flying back & forth & storing the bike each time. I look forward to meeting fellow riders along the the way.

Cheers fellow Strommers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gander...the G-spot of NL! Actually, I'm not really here as I don't have my Wee...yet. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Metro Vancouver Area

Just joined, located in Langley. Plan to get out on my 09 wee a lot, mainly to my cabin in the cariboo on weekends (thats why i picked a strom, roughish roads up there) not to mention some fun in the Vancouver area. Feel free to drop me an email anytime.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm in Beaverbank, Nova Scotia (just outside Halifax)

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Manotick, Ontario just South of Ottawa.

After 27 years with no bike (last one was a Yamaha SR500 single cyl. street bike, with just the right upgrades, which I thoroughly loved), I bought my new 2009 Wee this spring. I've been enjoying it immensely, though with my work schedule I'm not home near often enough to ride it as much as I want to.

It's a great bike, with just a few fixable annoyances (the seat!).

I've ridden it North of here in Quebec, a lot in the neighbourhood, and a couple trips to NY and PA. The bike, and I, have been pretty happy on any of the roads we've been on, but it's hard to beat twisty country roads, no matter the surface condition.

I think I'll thoroughly love this bike too.

Cheers to all the other Vee/Wee strommers.

M

·
Registered
57 Posts
As a lurker for a few years I figure I should finally post now. I have a blue '05 wee. My time is currently split between Toronto (Jane & Bloor) and Dyers Bay (by Tobermory) in Ontario.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Saint;387469[U said:
]nderGa[/U]...the G-spot of NL! Actually, I'm not really here as I don't have my Wee...yet. :)
I thought Dildo was a little closer to being the G-spot. Depends on your perspective I guess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I live in Sidney, BC - just north of Victoria. I bought my Wee last Thursday and did the Lake Cowichan - Port Renfrew - Sooke loop yesterday :thumbup:
570 km on it now!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia!

Just West of Halifax...

I used to be a full time biker on my much used '84 Honda NighthawkS but sadly had to let her move on as my own brood of offspring arrived. Now the kids are at an age where I finally have some time to myself and, since it was so much cheaper than a Corvette, I picked up an '04 V from a fellow Trooper about a month ago.

So far I, along with a few of my old school buddies, have managed to put close to 1500kms on touring the back roads of Nova Scotia. Through the Annapolis Valley, down the Eastern Shore, and of course the winding trail that is the Southern Shore,( Iknow you're all familiar with the hot gingerbread and ice cream at the Sou'Wester in Peggy's Cove!).

Haven't had a lot of time to do much more than lurk here so far but I have every intention of becoming much more involved here in return for the bottomless pit of knowlege and info that's available from the rest of you.

Pics and stories to follow as time allows! :thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello everyone, Saskatoon Sask here, Got my V-strom last fall and love it. Did a trip out to Fernie ,Golden,Kamloops area and then winter set in so now I am grounded:( Going to do B.C again this summer (2022) and maybe head down to the states if that dam Covid would just mellow out a bit. Anyone up for a trip?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello everyone, Saskatoon Sask here, Got my V-strom last fall and love it. Did a trip out to Fernie ,Golden,Kamloops area and then winter set in so now I am grounded:( Going to do B.C again this summer (2022) and maybe head down to the states if that dam Covid would just mellow out a bit. Anyone up for a trip?
Hi Tony, it is great to here that you like your bike I got Vstorm 650 TX too (from Regina) and thinking of going on a tour to BC next summer, tell me how was your tour to BC, any wind issues - I find the wind here in Regina (SK) a bit too much, was it the same around BC ? Thank you

281 - 300 of 314 Posts