StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious where all our Canuck group members are at. I am in southern Manitoba.

Hey, how bout our juniors eh?

cheers

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Canadian Troopers

hi there stranger. i am on the west coast living in squamish just a nice ride north from vancouver. bought my wee last july. ordered a new left front signal a week later. ooops. haven^t ridden that much (3000 km ) but am enjoying it. nice riding around here with the mountains and seaside. this is my first bike in what feels like half a lifetime. first real street bike since 1978. i had a GT 750 for a year and liked it. went the way of street legal enduros for years and here i am.
i am told it will be spring here soon. can not wait. the wee is calling to me now. i am retired so i will be roaming as much as i can.
keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will really grow to luv ur Wee. I bought mine last april and put almost 32,000km on it. Not one single problem with mine. On my 3rd back tire and 2nd front one.
Hope to put on over 40,000km this coming year, with a trip to Tuktoyuktuk and Nfld.

I am in Morden, Manitoba which is an hour south of Winnipeg.

Cheers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I live in South-Central? Saskatchewan. 12 minutes (a bit less on the Strom) west of Moose Jaw. Moved here from Manitoba in 1981. I ride the 2005 DL1000 and love it. I put on about 16,000 km last summer. Also kept my '82 Honda CB750 Custom. Great weather here lately. I went for a half-hour ride yesterday. (January 5)

For the guy living in Squamish... In the spring you'll want to point your bike north and ride to Lilloett and then down to the old Number One. Lots of nice curves up that way. Here's my website which includes a Motorcycle link with a number of rides I've taken.

http://bkroeker.sasktelwebsite.net

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm living in Barrie, 1/2 hour south of some nice roads and 40 minutes north of the Handgun Capital of Canada.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Canadian Troopers

Tuk and Nfld. wow, sounds like you almost live on your wee. have been to newfie land and it is fantastic ( caged of course ). years ago drove up to fairbanks and did top of the world hiway. another fantastic trip (caged again ). as a basic beginner i hope to ride to edmonton this coming summer. i did try for lilloett a week after wee arrival. stopped at a point of interest and determined gravel parking areas and signal lites don^t mix well.
sounds like you have ridden more kms in one year than all of mine. i am wondering. where do you find the time ?

05 / 650 in blue

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Canadian Troopers

Handgun capital of canada you say. can^t say that i have been there. but i did get lost in detroit during rush hour and survived. a real eye opener for a prairie boy.

05 / 650 in blue

·
Registered
54 Posts
Penniless Printer said:
I live in South-Central? Saskatchewan. 12 minutes (a bit less on the Strom) west of Moose Jaw. Moved here from Manitoba in 1981. I ride the 2005 DL1000 and love it. I put on about 16,000 km last summer. Also kept my '82 Honda CB750 Custom. Great weather here lately. I went for a half-hour ride yesterday. (January 5)

For the guy living in Squamish... In the spring you'll want to point your bike north and ride to Lilloett and then down to the old Number One. Lots of nice curves up that way. Here's my website which includes a Motorcle link with a number of rides I've taken.

http://bkroeker.sasktelwebsite.net
Nice website! Looks like you rode the bejebuss out of that Honda.

Hutch

G

·
0 Posts
Where I am

Whitby Ontario .. just east of Toronto. Don't pick up my DL1000K6 until March so no pics. Any other strom riders in the GTA?

By the way I haven't seen a handgun lately :wink:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Whoops .. thought I was logged in

This was mine:-

Whitby Ontario .. just east of Toronto. Don't pick up my DL1000K6 until March so no pics. Any other strom riders in the GTA?

By the way I haven't seen a handgun lately :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
canada

hey everyone glad to find canadian section i live in kelowna BC and the riding out here is great done the liloett thing lots its graet fun :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I live in the Hangun Capital of Canada :lol: Actually I live right in the area where the shootings have been pretty regular :shock:

Picked up my Wee Strom April 1st and managed a shade over 30,000km by November 13th when I last threw a leg over. I'm seriously thinking of heading to Port Dover this Friday for the http://www.pd13.com festivities, on my Strom.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Canadian Troopers

SQUAMISH HERE. hoping to do a lilloett trip this summer.looking forward to regaining my road skills and finding out if the old bod can still do it. and the wee is so damn boring--nothing to worry about.

05 / 650 in blue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Canadian V-stromers

Hey from Brooks AB.

My wife and I bought DL1000 and DL650's last spring. I had not ridden for years and her very little on my last bike a Honda 400F. Did one trip last summer to Virden MB,then up to Benito, then off to Yorkton,Regina and #1 home to Brooks.

About 6000K on my 1000 now and the wife has about 2500K on hers. Did a few trips to Drumheller to visit our son and his family. Looking forward to lots of riding this summer and maybe the Yukon. Did it by camper two years ago and loved it.

Cheers:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lilloette And #3 HWY, British Columbia

Did Lilloette trip last summer (Canada Day weekend). Took the ferry from the Island to Vancouver, then Whistler, Lilloette, Kamloops and back home. That was a good trip. Also visited my parents in Saskatoon (September long weekend). Took the Yellowhead to Edmonton then Saskatoon. Headed down to #1 Hwy on the way back. Went to Lethbridge and stayed on the #3 Hwy which curves and twists through the lower part of BC. Came off the #3 in Hope and took the main Hwy into Vancouver where I caught the ferry back home to the Island. Favourite part of these two trips?...... the #3 Hwy. Absolutely spectacular. This Hwy will offer something for all riders and sightseers. The Lilloette (sorry if the spelling is wrong) trip is also one to ride as well. Both should be on everyones motorcycle trip "to do" list sometime in the future as you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yo
Ottawa here.
Anyone going to the Montreal Motorcycle show?
I took the bike out Jan 7th during a break in the weather. 35min ride and an hour long washy washy.
Was well worth it though!
Freezing tonight -10 I think.
Hmmm Varadero and a Cohiba sounds good right about now

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey!

Well,

I'm near Kingston, Ontario. If you've been to Westport, then you'll know we have some really fantastic scenic rides around here. I'm originally from Quebec and I've been to PEI and back, through NS and NB on my bike. Keep the rubber down!

1 - 20 of 297 Posts