StromTrooper banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

Registered
Just read Corndog鈥檚 Starbucks comment to my wife. She鈥檚 sitting beside me, laughing.馃槉

Registered
Btw, she makes her own hot mochas. Dropped her McDonalds hot mocha habit, lol.

Reactions: DesertBike

Registered
I spend money on what's important but ALWAYS live well below what our budget allows. I'm into my fully farkled 09 Wee (28K on ODO when purchased in the fall, >33K now) for about $3300 (think I've spent about $300 on a LED lights, decals, Rick's brace and peg lowering, oiler, phone mount, accessory plug, oil etc). DL's last a long time and 1st gen models can be purchased on the cheap. You don't have to be rich to belong to this club.

Registered
Id be interested to see what jeufaula (OP of this thread) thinks after reading all these comments. It seems most of the posts indicate we are a frugal bunch.

One thing I don鈥檛 think was mentioned is, if you purchase used accessories at a decent price, you can sell them once again and recoup your cost, perhaps a profit. This particularly seems to be the case with aftermarket seats and luggage.

Registered
I live with my fiance, and she spends more money each week on garbage than I spend on motorcycling in a year. I mean LITERALLY garbage, and the making thereof.

Every Monday she buys enough food for five people, eats enough for two, and and on Thursday throws the rest in the garbage. She buys clothing like she's planning to live to be 200 years old, and throws out half of it every couple or months.
But let me buy new tires for the Wee or the Connie every three or four years and it's...."Why do you keep pouring money into those stupid motorcycles?"

Did I mention she makes over $150,000 / year and I make $30,000, so........................we each have our priorities.
dude you need to kick that cow to the curb before your life becomes complete aggravation. That鈥檚 the stuff nightmares are made of.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts