StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I was wondering where most of you have gotten your farkels from.

Do you order them online from the USA? If so, from where and how did that go? Do you have a Canadian supplier, either a local store or mail order that can get stuff?

In particular I am thinking about the farkle kind of things like heated grips, Side cases, etc.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I get virtually all my farkles from U.S. websites but I live in a border town.

It's fast and cheap to get stuff shipped to a U.S. address I use and then go across, pick it up, and import it myself, often without having to pay PST+GST (the border guards normally don't bother collecting for anything under $100).

Getting orders from the U.S. shipped to Canada is slower and more expensive of course. And the "customs brokerage" charges levied by UPS and other carriers can be outrageous. I don't go this route unless I have to.

I gave up on the local bike shops a while ago except for obscure OEM parts.

- Martin

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Anything that was within reasonable price range from the dealer - I had put on initially - grips, guards, hand guards, ctr stand. . Searching through dealers in Canada was an interesting exercise....everybody carries essentially the same thing, and not in my size - trying to find tall sizes was difficult. Gear came from U.S. - cheaper than here, even with duties , etc. and service was excellent (Newenough in Tx) . Other farkles (windshield) from CalSci and cost was extremely comparable.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My handguards, engine guards, Givi E21s and rack and tank protector kit came through Suzuki of Newmarket (excellent prices due to discount after buying bike there). Got the DL650 there for $6995! :D

Gel seat from Oneida Suzuki in New York. Also ordered other big ticket items from them for my Volusia. Always happy with their prices and delivery.

Got my Sidi Thunder boots from Newenough.com. Sheepskin from Dan Vesel. Riding gear (Joe Rocket jacket, pants, gloves, Arai helmet) from Parker Bros. on Dundas Street.

Pyramid Fenda Extenda from California Sport Touring. Riding shorts from LDComfort. Kisan Tailblazer from International Accessories.

I was very satisfied with all these vendors, their prices, and their service.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I probably bought my extras 50/50 between here and the US.

I always ensure that anything coming from the States IS NOT send via UPS. Those bast*%ds charge a ridiculus brokerage fee, sometimes equaling the value of the item.

I live very close to the MB/ND border, so tires I order via the web, whip across the line to where I have them shipped and install them myself. A huge savings there.

I have a very good local independant bike shop that I support as much as possible. He gives good deals whenever he can.

Cheers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a trunk case from JC Whitney in the US, online. Fairly long delivery time but good price even with the exchange and delivery costs. Nothing fancy, but it does the job.

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thankyou. I didn't see anything for me there. My question was really just a general one.

This winter I am going to be doing a few things on my 650. GW-Motec Side racks and Cases (don't know which cases but they will likely be GIVI), Speedo Healer (unless someone comes out with a corrected Metric faceplate), heated grips (am thinking Hot Grips with a Heatroller or the Hot Grips digital controller) and maybe a few other odds and ends. I am looking into communications as well.

When possible I deal with my local dealer. She generally gives me decent prices and gives me good service. I'd like to avoid buying from the USA if possible but will do so if it saves me lots and isn't too much hassle and if the store is reputable.

Here is a Canadian supplier of bike goodies. Not alot of Wee specific stuff, but maybe somethin ur looking for.

http://www.2wheeljunkie.com

Cheers

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts