StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2011 last week and yesterday I removed the panel under the headlights to install a light mount. when I removed the panel this fell out and I do not see where it should go. it looks like 1/4 inch clean tubing
anyone have an idea?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
It's not a bike part. Somebody doing assembly dropped it from an associated job. Our bikes only use black tubing.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'd have to look to be sure but I thought I saw something on my 2011 last night while I was lubing the chain. I think it's near the front lower left side of the engine. I could be mistaken and I didn't get to ride to work today or I'd run outside and look now. If my memory serves me correctly, I assumed it was overflow/discharge from the radiator.

·
38,104 Posts
Off the top of my head, there is a tank vent, a coolant reservoir overflow, a gas cap area water/fuel overflow drain and a line from the water pump that would signal a damaged seal for coolant or oil. None are nearly that short and none are clear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick info. I guess it is just something that blew/fell in
I could not find where it should go and now know it can go in the trash

thanks to all

·
Registered
325 Posts
did you unplug any wires? It could have been used to run some wiring through, or as a cover for a "blanked" circuit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed 5 push rivets to remove the bottom cover under the headlights and it fell out as the cover was coming off
I think it is foreign debris
a freebie from Suzuki to me
am sure the bike will get better mileage now since it is lighter with the foreign debris gone
life is good

·
38,104 Posts
It's well known anything that is dropped withing 30 feet of the bike will fall in there.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
yeah, probably something from assembly of the bike.

greywolf said:
It's well known anything that is dropped withing 30 feet of the bike will fall in there.
there or in my skid plate if I'm working on the engine. If I am working around my fuse block, it always goes in the side panels and I have a heck of a time getting it out without removing the rivets from that panel and pulling it out...

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
38,104 Posts
I've been looking for that. Can you please post it back to me. Thanks.
I guess 30 feet was conservative. We're now well into the thousands of miles.

·
Registered
323 Posts
sounds like that may be a winner ... If it has a slit down the side it may be a cable protecter used during shipping in the crate... they often fall off ...Huh!some good protection there ...

·
38,104 Posts
If it is slightly flattened, it could be a key protector. Somebody about to put the key in the ignition for the first time could be taking it off in the ignition switch area which would be a perfect place for launch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts