StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, yesterday I was doing a little overdue maintenance on my 2014 Vee, and after opening the front sprocket cover, I discovered this piece of rubber. :confused:

It was stuck in the goo just below the sprocket. It looks like some kind of gasket. It has suffered from contact with the chain. Last Spring a dealer did the harness recall, and shortly after I had the valves done by another guy. The bike has traveled more than 6000 km since then. I have not opened the covers in two years. So, impossible for me to know if it was there before the harness was done or if a consequence of the second intervention on the bike.

Yesterday I took off the tank to change the air filter. I took a look around, but could not find any obvious spot it could have fallen from.

Any idea? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Doesn't look familiar, but it's quite possible it got kicked up from the road, and got dragged in there by the chain. There is enough room back there, where the upper chain run enters the area behind the cover. I was cleaning mine out and found a chunk of wood about 1.5 inches square buried in the goo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your inputs!

"got kicked from the road": that is what I thought (and like to believe since I don't know where on the bike it can come from).

I thought I would check here anyway since on this forum there is a lot of great people and many who have in-depth knowledge of our rides. If one of you ever finds out if this piece of rubber belongs to the bike, please let me know. Now I can't wait until next year to know what new surprise I will find resting under the front sprocket when doing the next maintenance in this area!

·
Administrator
6,386 Posts
It's a bearing dust seal of some sort.
The only thing close would be the swingarm, but its not the same size as my Wee. Your V2 has a rubber ankle shield covering that area.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Got your money's worth out of that tape measure yet?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Can't remember what it looks like, but could it be the dust cover that goes behind the headlight bulb?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts