StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never seen this fairing before, but I like it a lot! Does anyone know where it can be found and if it's size specific? (650 vs 1000).
Also I wonder if it has any effect on cooling.

Thanks.

-T

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
?!?!?!?!?!

Seven hundred and fifty clams?? Yikes!! :eek:

Thanks for the link.

-T

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
500 bucks for a piece of fiberglass?

Oh, OK.. Only five hundred then, that's so much better.:p

Maybe Suzuki will "get it in gear" and start producing them with the lowers themselves. I'll bet they'd sell more if they did (though I doubt sales are hurting much ).

Edit: Actually the site says they're only $449.00

-T

·
Registered
83 Posts
lowers

I got them on my bike. took 3 weeks to get them because the shipped them to the wrong person first. I got them from Eurobikes. I would not use them again. Still waiting for money that they own me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got the lowers on my bike.

They're more for looks than anything. Don't really help with the windblast.

I must admit, I never considered the Wee much to look at, but with the lowers I've gotten more compliments and inquiries than I ever expected.

BTW, I picked mine up used and the quality is excellent. They are fiberglass, not plastic. Easy install too.

There is a huge thread about these JMV lowers on one of the other forums. Dunno if I'd consider them worth $500 but for the $300 I paid, definitely well worth it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Martinh, do the lowers help keep the wind blast off of your legs, or are they for looks only?
Hi Jack.
They are more for looks. My bike runs a little warmer that with them but no worry. I get a lot of complements on them. I still have more farkles to get for it still.

·
Registered
20 Posts
martinh, pageman99, thanks for the feedback! I've been looking for a clear answer on that question for a while. It's important to me because I ride deep into the fall season, where the temps can dip pretty low. If the lowers don't help much with the wind then I'm better off spending my money on electrics.

Thanks again!

Jack

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I got them on my bike. took 3 weeks to get them because the shipped them to the wrong person first. I got them from Eurobikes. I would not use them again. Still waiting for money that they own me.
At least I know what my bike would look like with the lower, man I really like it! I have to say that I'd have an awful hard time giving up my engine bars and skid plate. I get lots of compliments on them and with how rough I am on stuff, I know they'll get their use, eventually.

Thanks for posting the photo! Sweet!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beautiful bike.

That burgundy/red paint scheme looks grrrrreat.:p Now all they need to do is come up with some workable frame-sliders and it'll have some function, too. :mrgreen:

-BT

·
Registered
2,557 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pricey, but maybe what ur lookin for
I've no doubt they've got frame sliders, but there was some question as to whether or not the bike had hard-points that would work with the fairing.

-T

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have a set 4-sale. I like it without the fairing. send me a private message if interested.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I love bumping old threads. ;)

So did this Eurobikes place go out of business? Their site doesn't seem to want to load.
Any word on the availability of the lower fairing? (in the USA).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts