StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get Pilot Road 3's? Every place I have tried is out of stock and cant get stock from Michelin or even give me a date.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
JakeWilson.com says they will have them back in stock on 9/20/12. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Motorcycle Superstore

I called Motorcycle Superstore on Tuesday, and had the Pilot 3's in my office on Friday. Approximately $280. free shipping no tax-thought it was a very good deal. Good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
301 Posts
MS

They're open today. I just ordered mine from Motorcycle Superstore and it will be here the 19th. I suggest you get the V-Rated trail version which is SKU#316987 . On their web site it just says 150/70R/17. Two of my friends didn't listen to me last year and both of them did not have as good luck as me. I got better mileage with no issues. One of them had severe cupping and the other had cords show through only on the left side. Here's the thread that made me decide on the V rating. Michelin Pilot Road III The difference is 10% 80% 10% on the V-rating and 40% 20% 40% on the z-rating. The V has much more medium rubber than soft compared to the Z. Watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gWzXLuEiPIk#!

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Still breaking mine in, but at about 200 miles they ride like butter compared to the Tourance rear and Presta Detour front they replaced.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Just a note that the non-Trail version has a W speed rating. The ZR means a zero angle radial cord pattern. Don't exceed 168 mph on the W. The V doesn't want to be run over 149 mph (and the fronts are only V's).

·
Registered
25 Posts
They only have the trail version

I bought mine at shophms.com $270 delivered. Great people to work with. The web site had a glitch when i was ordering, and they handled it on the phone perfectly. The communication was great.

By the way, PR3's let me ride in the rain like the road is dry. No other tire i've used on any bike is this stable in the wet. I only have about 5,000miles on the set, the rear is a little square. 3,400 of those miles were to NS and back to Cleveland though, fully loaded and not too much twisty riding. I'll buy again for sure.

·
Registered
104 Posts
A local honda shop in evansville matched the cheapest price i found online, but stiffed me with tax. They said Parts Unlimited had them on back order (as of 9/22) until 10/5, though this is apparently the second time the back-order date has been pushed back...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts