StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for parts in order to have my accessories turn off and on with the ignition rather than my current set up of direct to battery on my 1000. I'm just wondering if there are any schematics out there and vendors that would carry the proper plugs. I want to make this as much "plug and play" as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
A search on the forum should give you all the schematics you need.

The secret is really deciding which electrical connection you want to use to either power one accessory or to power a relay controlled fuse box if you want several outlets.

Eastern Beaver.com should have all the parts you need for wiring.

Blue Seas is a fairly common choice for fuse box but there are others.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I'm looking for parts in order to have my accessories turn off and on with the ignition rather than my current set up of direct to battery on my 1000. I'm just wondering if there are any schematics out there and vendors that would carry the proper plugs. I want to make this as much "plug and play" as possible.
I was able to find some waterproof molex plugs that work very good from an agriculture place, price was good.
Anyway, I just sent this link to someone else here. I did the fuse box install with relay, two 12 volt outlets and voltage moniter, I also showed the power I ran to my tankbag. I ensured I linked all parts and how too's to the source. I used a different fuse box that the blue sea. Many like the blue sea box and I see many of them on all stroms. I am just more of a space junkie, and like one off installs and fabrication. Anyway, this may be a good spot to start for ideas and vendors of materials.
Holler if I can help in any way.
http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=110272616860

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what I am looking for are plugs that I can plop in between electrical connections..like between the tail light plug for the relay. I will check out Eastern Beaver and see if they have anything like that. I would prefer to make a harness that I can just pull out when/if I sell the bike.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I guess what I am looking for are plugs that I can plop in between electrical connections..like between the tail light plug for the relay. I will check out Eastern Beaver and see if they have anything like that. I would prefer to make a harness that I can just pull out when/if I sell the bike.
I posted allot of my favorite link here last year for all strom parts and projects I was looking at. I researched many electrical places as well.
This may save you allot of time and effort, particularly if you use dail-up:).
http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11131

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Plug-n-play

I have this on my bike and like it:

Keyed Fuse Accessory Kit

·
Registered
22,275 Posts
I got my electrical components at Sesquhana Motorsports/www.rallylights.com high quality Hella components, takes up only 1/4-1/3 of the space of most prewired units

Right now I have 2 relay sockets with room to expand to 4 relays in a gang adjacent to my 6place fuesblock, ground strip is from radio shack bolted to the battery stice of the vertical side of the trunk storage space
fuseblock & relays take up a 2¼" square, and like I said, when I add lights, I got room for 2 more relays within that square

wire chases thru panels are rubber grometed to prevent chafing of insulation

I did not tap or cut into the wiring harness anywhere, the relay trigger for the power is pluged into the switched power wire (orange & white ) in the dealer test plug with a male mini spade terminal

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Check out eastern beaver accessories. High quality stuff that is plug and play, and the owner is a member here. http://easternbeaver.com/
Pretty cool place, I was surprised to see they used my fuseblock pictures in their website. I'll be damn!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Blue Sea fuse block. One relay for the block, the other for the Stebel air horn. Currently have the horn, GPS, radar detector and 12v outlet on the dash hooked up to it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
try this guy http://darksidemotorsport.com/Vstrom.aspx

·
Registered
421 Posts
Fuse block

I was looking for an aftermarket fuse block. Went to West Marine to get one tht Ive seen here on this web site and just happened to pass a motorcycle wrecking yard where I found a covered fuse block for $8.00. It had a power fuse and five circuit fuses. I'll be installing it next week. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts