StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the centerstand for my DL1000 used, and it didn't come with the rubber stopper for the bottom of the exhaust. Does anyone know where I could find one?

I checked with my local dealer and they don't have them, and I haven't found them online yet.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Centerstand Bumper

I just installed a center stand on my new 2012 1000DL, it came w/ the bumper. I would check with a large ACE hardware store. Tell them what you are needing and they may have some rubber "stops", plugs, etc. that would work. :thumbup:

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I just installed a center stand on my new 2012 1000DL, it came w/ the bumper. I would check with a large ACE hardware store. Tell them what you are needing and they may have some rubber "stops", plugs, etc. that would work. :thumbup:
That's what I did with the Wee. :yesnod: Only, my ACE isn't so large.

Used a through-bolt and pulled it down tight to sink the head into the rubber so as not to hit the c-stand. Working perfectly for several years now. In fact, forgot all about it until this thread.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I tried for a week or so to find the part number for the bumper and no one could tell me what it was... I finally called Suzuki USA and they researched it and called me with the part number. I will look and see if I still have it today for you. There are a couple part numbers floating around on the web that are close and are used on other models bt they are NOT the correct one...

I will get back to you soon..

Mark

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Just look up the fiche for a Suzuki that came with a centerstand stock.

For example, the "STAND" fiche for my 1983 GS850 features a "cushion", part #09321-10001 for $1.54.

The same search on a 2007 Bandit 1250 reveals a somewhat taller cushion, part #09321-10034 , for $4.87.

EDIT: See below -- neither of these part numbers is correct.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The correct part number for the rubber pad is 09321-10017. Again, there are other number floating around out there but they are not the correct ones for this application.

I had all ready ordered 1 or 2 of the others before Suzuki USA got back to me and when I compared them to the correct one, there are differences in size and the rubber on the correct one feels more dense..

Hope that helps

Mark

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
The correct part number for the rubber pad is 09321-10017. Again, there are other number floating around out there but they are not the correct ones for this application.

Nice find. Maybe I'll go back to stock someday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I lost the one that came with my stand, went to my local Suzuki dealer, parts guy found one for another model that fits the bill.

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts

I had all ready ordered 1 or 2 of the others before Suzuki USA got back to me and when I compared them to the correct one, there are differences in size and the rubber on the correct one feels more dense..

Hope that helps...........Mark

:) Good work Mark, There are always some of our fellow Stromtroppers looking for that part, Especially if they are missing it and are wanting to install an aftermarket pipe that will not have the rubber stop on it,

Do you happen to know the cost on the Rubber stop?

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Other DL1000 Centerstand Parts/Hardware

Any one have luck with part numbers for the bolts,spring and other parts that WEAR out? Thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
269 Posts

Anyone know if it's the same part for the 650?

Jamie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts