StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need two power cables for a Garmin 60CSx. One cable is for the car's cigarette lighter and the other is for the Strom's Blue Sea fuse block.

Garmin wants too much for their cables and now that I'm a self respecting Strom rider, I want to start appreciating my moto-dollars more. No more hitting the buy button and ignoring the cost of moto-things.

Garmin cable for the car $23.30

Garmin cable for the bike $27.96 (I'd probably just get two of $23.30 cables and cut off the end for the Strom.)

So, where can I buy more reasonably priced cables?

Thanks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cycle Gadgets (www.CycleGadgets.com). Great company to deal with.
That's good enough for me just to avoid Garmin. But the prices are not as much lower as I was hoping. Same exact cables though.

Cable 1: $19.95
Cable 2: $22.99

Savings over Garmin: $8.32 don't know about shipping and tax.

I'm hoping for $20-$30 off the $51.26 + tax and shipping Garmin charges.

Anywhere else? How about generic non-Garmin cables?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Tiger

I need two power cables for a Garmin 60CSx. One cable is for the car's cigarette lighter and the other is for the Strom's Blue Sea fuse block.

Garmin wants too much for their cables and now that I'm a self respecting Strom rider, I want to start appreciating my moto-dollars more. No more hitting the buy button and ignoring the cost of moto-things.

Garmin cable for the car $23.30

Garmin cable for the bike $27.96 (I'd probably just get two of $23.30 cables and cut off the end for the Strom.)

So, where can I buy more reasonably priced cables?

Thanks.
Try Tiger GPS.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to this, the 60C and 60CS accept external voltages from 10-32 volts. One can assume the 60CSx is the same, so you can likely run 12 volts straight from the fustbox without issue:

https://www.syz.com/gps/power.html

Connectors + wire, about $20:

https://www.syz.com/gps/

From previous posters, it looks as though eBay is the cheapest route.
I did not spend any time looking to see if the 60CSx uses 12V or not because Garmin sells automobile 12V adaptors specifically for that unit. But I did not realize it could use such a wide range of voltages.

And I knew there had to be some place that sold those generic connectors.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Radio shack has a multi tip cable for garmins. 20 bucks and no shipping if you have one in town.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts