StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously. My local dealer is crazy on parts, and that's IF you can get their attention in the first place. They only want to sell sport bikes there.

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts
Who's got the best OEM pricing right now?
Depending on the part or parts, I usually check the following:

Oneida Suzuki
Ron Ayers
MR Cycle
Chaparral
Dennis Kirk
Rocky Mountain ATV / Jake Wilson
American Motorcycle Tire

And sometimes these too:

PartShark
CheapCycleParts
Bike Bandit
SuzukiPartsNation.com
MotoSport.com
Partzilla.com

Usually after comparing prices plus shipping Ron Ayers has been coming out the cheapest (unless it's tires) but not always. Sometimes depends on the parts and sometimes the time of year or phase of the moon.
:smile2:

YMMV

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
I buy my OEM stuff online from Rocky Mountain ATV. The local shop I go to only orders parts when they reach a certain dollar amount, and even then they only order once a week, so if you need it fast, forget it. If RMATV has it in stock, I can get it in a couple days.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
my local dealer, has always been within pennies of any online source
Me too. But I'm a frequent flier and have bought bikes there. Maybe not the same for the average Joe.

Parts usually arrive in two or three days. Maybe a week or more if from Japan, but most parts are local or from Toronto. Shop is on my way home from work, so no big deal to stop by and pick something up.

Non bike specific stuff like tires I tend to source online or from other shops. In Canada, Fortnine is a go-to for that kind of stuff.

·
Administrator
13,552 Posts
My dealer takes care of me. I value the relationship with then more than a few pennies I might save elsewhere. (Although tires are sourced elsewhere.)

..Tom

·
Registered
773 Posts
For tires, Dennis Kirk had the best price and availability for what I look for...
For obscure OEM (and not so obscure) parts, Bike Bandit...
For accessories (mostly apparel, lids, luggage, etc.) Revzilla, J&P Cycles, Twisted Throttle

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up going through partzilla. They had everything in stock. Ron Ayers didn't and might have been a longer wait.

Now lets hope I get everything by this weekend!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Partszilla

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
My dealer takes care of me. I value the relationship with then more than a few pennies I might save elsewhere. (Although tires are sourced elsewhere.)

..Tom
If you don't mind Tom, can you give them a plug. I'm still looking for a dealer to do business with. I liked the attitude up at Newmarket Suzuki, but have yet to find much in Toronto at all.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have jumped from Babbits, to Oneida, to partzilla, and some. It all depends on my need on their stock. I like to throw babbits a bone every once in a while because they have a nice app and easy to find parts. I dont have the luxury of a cheap dealer. If you have a good dealer more power to you, i support local when i can, unless they're jerks.
Its too easy to compare multiple places online.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If you use an online parts house like Partzilla, get the part number and google it. You may find a cheaper source.

·
Administrator
13,552 Posts
If you don't mind Tom, can you give them a plug. I'm still looking for a dealer to do business with. I liked the attitude up at Newmarket Suzuki, but have yet to find much in Toronto at all.
Blackstock Motorsports near Blackstock. Formerly "Asselstines". Darryl in Parts, Mike in Service and Dustin in Service all do a great job taking care of me.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
My local dealers don't stock anything useful. The times I've tried it is - 5 days for it to come in. I can order online for less and get it quicker

·
Registered
120 Posts
Amazon
eBay
Ron Ayers
Babbits online
Dennis Kirk
Will start using Oneidas
There are two dealers on the island, one is too far away and the one in town well...
I buy just about everything online and the shipping charges are what is important to me. I don't find too many free shipping deals and it seems some outfits try to profit off the postage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts