StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there statistics per country outside the US to see where us non US troopers live?
Has anyone done some research?

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Canada!

Some of us are in Canada.

We're polite.

:p

·
Registered
4 Posts
UK Strommer

Hi all from East Yorks.
Only know of 2 other Strommers in my area. So that's another 3 not in the US.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Oh,... I was "next to your door" in Yilland (Denmark) and Göteborg (Sweden) this summer,.. and the summer b4. Not on the Wee but on an old chopper ;-)
The aircooled 1100 chopper is now wrecked due to exhaustion & high miles but the memories of Scandinavia are alive and well. And the modern bike that came closest to what I ask from a classic chopper,... is the Wééééé. Call me nuts,... Yesss,... high steering, overall torque, fast enough to junk me but slow enough to keep me alive (adrenaline, ya know, love it), cruising down the A1 from Brussels to the Putgarden ferry,... than across the sea to Denmark and i'm at your doorstep ;-). Nice place,... keep it like it is. Your part of Europe is our route 66. Cruise an entire gastank without seeing a house,... brilliant. Did a 6500km tour this summer from Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Sweden (missed Norway), Finland, Estland, Letland, Lithuania, Poland, germany, Holland & Back home in 11 days of whom 2 nights partytime in Finland + 1 to sober up. Yea,... better butcomfort on a Strom I guess. Will soon find out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
In my mind the Wee is close to the ideal bike for touring in Norway. The speedlimits are low, (normaly 80km/h) the turns come close together, and the asphalt is not always of good quality.

Must also mention the very high cost of a speeding ticket. If you do more than 35km/h over the limit, the police will take your license away. (Which means you are not safe even on a 650.. :( )

http://http://www.sharp-paulsen.net/mc/etappe1.avi
shows the road in front of my house. (Recorded when i had the SVS).

·
Registered
20 Posts
York UK, Capital of the North

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live in Chile, where I belong to a group (VStrom Chile) of 62 VStrom owners. I ride a lot through Southamerica and have seen several Vee in Brazil.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 91 Posts