StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working through the options for an American trip next year (maybe the year after) and one of the options is to buy a bike there.

So after having several looks around eBay, I've come to the conclusion that they aren't there. Our local online Trademe.co.nz currently has 29 stroms for sale and eBay only 6.

Craigslist is a pain because of the georgaphic style of searching.

Where are they?

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Craigslist is way better than CycleTrader, but yes you have to use an aggregator like searchtempest.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I can see of the wees are 2007 or earlier with lots of miles, or new.

I spose that tells me what I already know about wees.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just purchased a Ninja 250 for my new rider son. Craigslist had a lot but the found the perfect bike on cycletrader. So I usually hit them all if actively looking.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Where are bikes advertised for sale in USA?
There isn't one place. Keep in mind that the U.S. is big. The population of just the city of Los Angeles (not the county nor the metro region) is almost that of the nation of New Zealand.

So...Craigslist for the region you're about to travel to. Yes, it is clunky. And Cycletrader. And Google. And anything else you can find.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Timing is Everything

I found mine on Cycletrader, but I think the tricky part will be the timing of what you want being available when you want it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I use a program on my iPhone that allows me to check several areas at once, I would assume android or windows has a similar program. Due to where I live (Maine), I tend to search Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and some of Mass. I dont know if I can say the name of the program, and don't get any royalties for plugging it, so do a search!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts