StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my DL650 for almost a year now. I've ridden it 18,000 miles in that time. That includes a daily (all year) commute of about 70 miles round trip. In all that time, I have never seen another V-Strom on the road until yesterday morning.

Is that normal? Or are they all just somewhere else?

Ron :mrgreen:

·
Registered
588 Posts
There's a dozen or more regulars in my area. It is kinda cool to happen across one you don't recognize now and then. It amazes me when you meet a Strom owner that has never interacted with other owners, never heard of Stromtroopers, and has no idea of just how good they have it with the bike they're riding. Hard to believe but they are definitely out there. Go figure.:confused:

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Seen a couple around here and I had a guy stop trying to buy mine from a neighboring city for his friend.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I saw ONE, one time in my area (Southwest of Chicago) ... All HOGS up here ...

I am definitely the odd man out ... And HAPPY to fill that role ...

:thumbup:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
My local Suzuki/Kawasaki dealer sells more V-Stroms than any other motorcycle.

They are not as ubiquitous as Harleys or even scooters, but this is probably ideal V Strom habitat around here.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It is interesting isn't it? My local dealer has only sold 3 Vstroms to date. All years and only 3. He owns one of the three he sold to boot. Never see others around here either. Now, if I go 70 miles south to Nashville, I see them all the time. Go figure...

·
Registered
518 Posts
I see other Stroms pretty regularly up here in Canuckistan. I get the impression that the USA is Hog Heaven (and sort of agree with richw). As an aside, I went to a big V-Strom get together last year in Stecoah N.C. where they had 30 V-Stroms show up. Everyone was saying how they had never seen so many Stroms together. That spring, Heavy organized a local ride and lunch for Southern Ontario Stromtroopers. 30 local V-Stroms were there. Hmmmm?:beatnik:

·
Registered
340 Posts
In the Inland Empire and Orange County areas of So Cal I have seen maybe 6 different Stroms around but around here it seems to be Hogs or Rockets not much in the middle, except scooters. Lots of eco freaks riding scooters to Starbuck's wearing sandals and khakis.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I see them regularly here in Western NC. Yesterday while riding I saw three out of a total of 20 bikes on a beautiful 40 degree day with two of the bikes being Harleys. Summertime the ratio changes to 50-100 Harleys (easily) two any dual sport/adventure tourer.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I see one about every month or two. Mostly Hogs around here!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts