StromTrooper banner

Where have all the PNW Stromtroopers gone?

• Still posting on Stromtrooper, but not northwest regional forum.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Posting to other motorcycle-related forums instead.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Not posting often to online forums anymore.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • It's the holidays and non-riding season, but I'll be back.

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be fewer posts in the Northwest threads lately. Curious why that is.:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Been thinking the same thing. Where is everybody?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Ah, who are you guys to be talking, you've both been playing with DR350s. :biggrinjester:

Seriously, though, been wondering the same thing myself. Who all is headed to the m/c show in December? Maybe we should organize a meet?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Well....I was in the Dominican Republic with Jim & Henry, plus Tim from Kentucky, and our spouses, riding last week on the Motocaribe tour. I'm hoping one of those guy will start a trip report thread, 'cuz I don't have a lot of good pics. Anyway, great week riding two lane country roads in a very fascinating country. I'll do it again. We were riding on roads next to beautiful beaches, steep, winding mountain roads, and in congested third world cities. FUN!

(Motocaribe's photo, and we were there)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must admit that I have been spending more time on the DR350 lately. ADVrider and Thumpertalk have been useful with that. Working on bikes is becoming good therapy. Working on simple bikes is actually fun.

I'm not going to the Seattle Show this year. The Vancouver show has more major manufacturers signed up, typically has the small manufacturers that I help fund, is about the same cost and closer for me that going to Seattle. It is also a plus that I don't have to go into a downtown area as the Vancouver show is right across the border in Abbotsford. Free parking right outside the main door. Anyone going to the Vancouver show want to meet up?

Riding the Dominican Republic is on my list. Robert and MotoCaribe seems to have a nice outfit. Always hear good things from his customers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like this forum for vstrom technical information and flea market, but do most of my "moto-socializing" and ride planning on advrider in the PNWet Regional forum. I've met plenty of vstrom riders on those rides plus all the other brands too.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I like this forum for vstrom technical information and flea market, but do most of my "moto-socializing" and ride planning on advrider in the PNWet Regional forum. I've met plenty of vstrom riders on those rides plus all the other brands too.
I'm the opposite. I spend nearly 0 time on ADVRider and look here for ride plans. Lately however, I have had various visitors in town for the past 2.5 months to see the new baby, so I have been pretty non-existent. I did make an appearance at the tech day though back in October. :thumbup:

OH, and I'd like to head down to the Moto show in Seattle on the 17th. The wife and baby will be with me though, so we'll be taking the car. I'm going to try and get there on Saturday.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I visit Stromtrooper a couple of times a day but I seldom think to check in on the PNW forum.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Lurking suspiciously

The rumors of my demise in Alaska are somewhat exaggerated. :yesnod:

Hey PTRider, glad you guys had a great trip to the DR. I took that pic in your post by the way in May 2008.

Since the 07 1K is no more (rest in pieces) I bought a clean 08 650 that I am tickled to death with. The plan for it is to be the spare bike perhaps next year when I get something for 2 up. Maybe a 1200 Tiger or Tenere.

I still ride pretty much daily but don't post stuff here much anymore.

'Vader' on the 25 road to Packwood, WA this October.

I may do an Alaskan ride report, (man do I have a lot of pics) If I can figure out how to end it without sounding like a dolt.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I check here daily, but no activity.

I'm also going to IMS on saturday with my son.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ok I will admit,, my time has been on the Tenere forum. There still aren't enough cool guys on that list around here like this forum. I could be p for meeting at the show, or grab a burger from the brewery too.

·
Off Wee-ing in the woods
676 Posts
I'm still around, but don't really spend much time here anymore. After the Virtical Scope take over a couple years ago I decided I wasn't comfortable with someone using my thoughts and knowledge for profit. I'm over at ADVrider most of the time now.

Oh and the little bike is getting most of my attention of late. The strom has become a commuter only of late.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I needed a "None of the Above" selection for the polling. My routine is to check the PNW board daily for new activity, then click through to "New Posts" for the larger forum and scan the headlines for items of interest. I have definitely noticed a sharp decline in the number of new posts in the PNW section, but hey -- even for the most hardcore of us -- it is raining sideways, with temps in the 40s! I don't know about the rest of you but I have not yet committed myself to putting the bike on the lift for a few "winter projects". That won't likely happen until after New Year's so I am sure there will be some riding days in there... I assume others may have done/be doing likewise.

I do scan a few other MC and riding sites, but this (Stromtrooper PNW) is still "home" for me! :thumbup:

·
Hmmmmm
1,326 Posts
fad is over

I really think this whole motorcycling fad has run it's course

:green_lol: :green_lol: :green_lol: :green_lol:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well I also check the PNW section almost daily, and along with getting to ride to work a few times a week I thought that was normal.

So maybe we should do some "Rides to Work" reports, but who would want to read about how dark, cold and wet it is this time of year. The pictures would not be ideal, pictures of gas station stops, side trips to get milk and bread, or a run through Wendy's to bring home dinner, I love my side cases.

Anyway, daydream about plans for next year rides. I want to do a few different loops in Oregon and Washington, kind of closer to home this time. I also want to do some bicycle camping trips, riding out from home or getting someone to drop me off across the state somewhere, maybe a bus ride to get me a weeks worth of miles would work.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Well....I was in the Dominican Republic with Jim & Henry, plus Tim from Kentucky, and our spouses, riding last week on the Motocaribe tour. I'm hoping one of those guy will start a trip report thread, 'cuz I don't have a lot of good pics. Anyway, great week riding two lane country roads in a very fascinating country. I'll do it again. We were riding on roads next to beautiful beaches, steep, winding mountain roads, and in congested third world cities. FUN!

(Motocaribe's photo, and we were there)

I was there. Great fun times. Now no riding for awhile and more posting.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Been out riding. Have had some really awesome weather this fall. A friend of mine just got an S-10 and he and I are going to do an overnighter loop to the oregon coast from here in heppner. All are invited. Ya I know its short notice but I should rolling through Portland area bout mid day. Pm me if you are interested.

Btw the weather looks great, clear and cool :beatnik:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ok, why do I feel guilty confessing this to you all but...... I drank the poison and bought a new bike. So I now have to share my time on the BMW r1200 gs forum,adv,and here. Still passionate about riding, just on a different steed for now.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts