StromTrooper banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1050XA
50 Posts
@RedAnt

Congrats! The (Canadian) DL1050 is designed to run 90+ octane which is what I normally run. I have had no issue with 89 and if I have to run 87 then I avoid high throttle settings at lower rpm were detonation is most likely.

..Tom
I wonder if they actually program the bikes differently or its just that octane is calculated differently in Canada and the Us vs japan and the EU. In Canada 91 octane (R + M )/2 is equivalent to 95 Ron in Europe. Here in Québec, i've never seen 90 only 87 89 or 91 , 94 in some places. When i was a tech for Subaru i was told that the STI models where down tuned for the Quebec city region where 94 octane was hard to find at the time.

·
Administrator
14,821 Posts
I wonder if they actually program the bikes differently or its just that octane is calculated differently in Canada and the Us vs japan and the EU. In Canada 91 octane (R + M )/2 is equivalent to 95 Ron in Europe. Here in Québec, i've never seen 90 only 87 89 or 91 , 94 in some places. When i was a tech for Subaru i was told that the STI models where down tuned for the Quebec city region where 94 octane was hard to find at the time.
I don't know for sure but do know that Canadian Cars (and bikes I think) traditionally had different emission package codes than the USA or European models. (Although to contradict myself I just looked at a pre-owned Canadian Spec 2020 Porsche Cayenne S sitting in front of my desk and it has US and Californian emission stickers on it and nothing unique to Canada.) It also suggests 93 octane.

..Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
where was this pic taken? i'm slo in québec looks like a nice ride to do.
Hi I am from Roberval on the shore of Lake St John, this picture was about an hour away from here at Mount Apica on road 169. It is a nice road to ride but my favorites are definately 381, 170 and 172 that are real gems particularly 381 that anybody in Quebec should try at least once the three could be done on the same day. Where are you from? Really not seeing that many 1050 around here...

·
Registered
2020 1050XA
50 Posts
Hi I am from Roberval on the shore of Lake St John, this picture was about an hour away from here at Mount Apica on road 169. It is a nice road to ride but my favorites are definately 381, 170 and 172 that are real gems particularly 381 that anybody in Quebec should try at least once the three could be done on the same day. Where are you from? Really not seeing that many 1050 around here...
Nice thanks for the tips i will definitely make that trip this summer!
I'm from the Centre du Quebec (Saint-Sylvère). To relate to this thread I bought my bike last summer at Moto Thibault Trois-rivière. Seller was nice, went out of their way to accommodate me buying my first new bike. They weren't pressure selling me anything and made me save a ton by suggestion some aftermarket heated grips instead of the OEM.

I'll be moving to Bury in the eastern township soon. I'm looking forward to putting some 50/50 tire and riding the Trans Québec Trail this summer.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
For whatever reason, this forum feels a bit dead. Maybe the bike is just too new and not many owners. Maybe the 1050 isn't selling well? I love mine and it was a good fit for my use case. Very happy with it so far.

With that said, I was just wondering this morning - where all the new V-Strom 1050 owners located...??

I am in the United States, near Raleigh, NC & bought my 1050 from a great "small-town" dealership in Sanford, NC.

What about you? Where are all of the new owners located and where did you buy your bike?
I live in Perth, Australia, and I believe I am the sole owner of this bike in my state.
I've put over 4000 kilometres on this bike and really adore it, so I'm not sure why there aren't more sales.
When compared to the competition, the pricing is reasonable, and the XT comes with a lot of goodies at a reduced price.
It's the perfect size at 1037cc, not too big, not too little, and it's part of the rising Adventure motorbike category.
Perhaps Covid 19 is to blame, or perhaps younger riders just do not use these sorts of bikes. I ride a lot of bikes. I've included all of my information here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased from Romney Cycles in Romney, WV. I live near Gainesville, VA. I’ve been through 5 states, covered thousands of miles, and have only ever seen 1 other Vstrom 1050. I think they’re few and far between…..

·
Registered
2020 DL1050xt in the stunning Orange Creamsicle
1 Posts
Texas here, but bought my XT at Maxey's in OKC at a great price. I have yet to see another 1050. Mostly BMW in my neck of the woods. I do get quite a few questions about it though.

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
256 Posts
South Eastern Victoria, Australia. Got my 1050XT from a regional dealer which mostly deals with farmers. The shop is also a part of a small hardware store. Called Vern Grahams in Heyfield they did a good deal for me, but if I have to get anything major done I'd be a bit concerned about them having the resources.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I live in Perth, Australia, and I believe I am the sole owner of this bike in my state.
I've put over 4000 kilometres on this bike and really adore it, so I'm not sure why there aren't more sales.
When compared to the competition, the pricing is reasonable, and the XT comes with a lot of goodies at a reduced price.
It's the perfect size at 1037cc, not too big, not too little, and it's part of the rising Adventure motorbike category.
Perhaps Covid 19 is to blame, or perhaps younger riders just do not use these sorts of bikes. I ride a lot of bikes. I've included all of my information here.
Hey Ninamedina,
Your not alone, Im in Perth and also have a 1050XT Orange and White.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bought my 2020 1050XT from Romney Cycles in Romney, West Virginia. Out the door for $13,200, which was $2,500 less than anything close to where I live in New England. Well worth the 32 hour round trip drive to pick it up.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bought my 2020 1050XT from Romney Cycles in Romney, West Virginia. Out the door for $13,200, which was $2,500 less than anything close to where I live in New England. Well worth the 32 hour round trip drive to pick it up.
Yes it pays to shop around. Enjoy your new machine, they are a great bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in central Ohio, I bought a left over 2020 1050XT three weeks ago at Iron Pony in Westerville (Columbus suburb). Suzuki gave a rebate, the dealer took some off, (and didn't try to rob me for setup/destination charges). It was the yellow I was looking for, a win for me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I purchased from Romney Cycles in Romney, WV. I live near Gainesville, VA. I’ve been through 5 states, covered thousands of miles, and have only ever seen 1 other Vstrom 1050. I think they’re few and far between…..
I live very close to you in Manassas. I have seen a couple of other 1050s, but not many.
We should ride together sometime.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts