StromTrooper banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
1050 XT. I live in Midway, Utah. Bought at Edge Power sports in Draper Utah. Was watching prices as sales are slow here in winter time. Lots of snow on mountain roads here in winter. When price went down to $13,000, I had to jump on It. Puig wind screen, foam grip covers, and SW Motech Pro side racks with Hepco Becker C Bow adapters. Am waiting for Hepco Becker skid plate through Moto Machines. Looking forward to spring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For whatever reason, this forum feels a bit dead. Maybe the bike is just too new and not many owners. Maybe the 1050 isn't selling well? I love mine and it was a good fit for my use case. Very happy with it so far.

With that said, I was just wondering this morning - where all the new V-Strom 1050 owners located...??

I am in the United States, near Raleigh, NC & bought my 1050 from a great "small-town" dealership in Sanford, NC.

What about you? Where are all of the new owners located and where did you buy your bike?
I'm in Garner and I'd love to check out your bike. I'm currently on a 2014 DL650 and I'm planning on trading it in for a new 1050xt but there are none local.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Garner and I'd love to check out your bike. I'm currently on a 2014 DL650 and I'm planning on trading it in for a new 1050xt but there are none local.
They’ve been sold out for a while it’s sad! I’m the Suzuki dealer in Raleigh and I have a yellow 2020 myself if you want to check it out. I do have a line on a very low mileage red 2020 XT. Not here to sell bikes but if you’re interested shoot me a message.

·
Registered
2020 V-strom 1050XT
104 Posts
I’m in North Port Florida, bought mine a Tampa bay power sports! Traded a Harley road glide even up, never gave it a second thought! Most of my crew rides 1200gs, AT multistradas, even a 901 husky! Love this bike , I think if this bike was a gun it would be a Glock 19! 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm up in northeast Montana and got my 2020 1050xt adventure over in Washington. I suspect they were a bit motivated, I walked out with it at the base model price. Put 10k on it last season and looking forward to this season!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my XT from a local Suzuki dealer here in Johannesburg, South Africa. Seems V Stroms sell as quickly as they can get them but I suspect Suzuki bring them in in limited quantities. People that buy V Stroms seem to hold onto them and the high mileage on s/h bikes indicates that these are comfy and reliable machines. South Africans however are power hungry bikers, 106hp simply not enough. Easier to buy a second hand GS 1200 with all the extras and 120hp.
I traded down from a Diavel Gen II, also miss the power sometimes but at least I know I will reach my destination however far it may be and oddly enough we ride faster on the Strom due to the better wind protection.[ATTACH type="full"]297729[/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
1050 XT
34 Posts
Bought my bike in the Netherlands around the corner at the V-Strom Center (http://www.vstromcenter.nl/). That's a dealer specialized in V-Stroms (smart marketing) and he buys them containers full... Got myself a special 'first edition' in 2020, but had to wait to early spring in 2020 before I got it...

·
Registered
2020 1050xt
13 Posts
For whatever reason, this forum feels a bit dead. Maybe the bike is just too new and not many owners. Maybe the 1050 isn't selling well? I love mine and it was a good fit for my use case. Very happy with it so far.

With that said, I was just wondering this morning - where all the new V-Strom 1050 owners located...??

I am in the United States, near Raleigh, NC & bought my 1050 from a great "small-town" dealership in Sanford, NC.

What about you? Where are all of the new owners located and where did you buy your bike?
I am near Branson Missouri. I bought my yellow 1050xt at Bartlesville Cycle sports in Oklahoma. They had an orange and white one also when I bought mine. I just liked the yellow better.

·
Registered
2020 Vstrom 1050
52 Posts
I’m in Idaho Falls, Idaho and just bought a 2020 1050 on Friday at the local dealer. Now I’m just waiting for the panniers, skid plate, engine guards, and heated grips to come in so I can install them while I wait for spring.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2006 to 105,000 mi, then 2005 DL650 over 50,000 mi
752 Posts
I live in Barrington, New Hampshire (NH USA), and purchased my new leftover 2020 on 11/30/21 in Delmarva, Mariland (~500 miles from home to get the best deal).

Since 2020 a was looking for a good deal to replace my 2005 DL650 with a modern Strom. My first 2006 DL650 was replaced at 105,000 miles, and the 2005 DL650 had about 55,000 miles on the odometer by seasons end 2021. With plenty of good miles left on the 2005 DL650 I was in no hurry to buy and outfit a new bike. And with such good luck with Stroms I just couldn't see buying anything but another strom. I did look at the Yamaha T700 and even considered a Honda Africa Twin (vs the DL1050XT).

By the end of 2021 I had given up on finding a deal on a DL650XT. The only discounts I saw was on the higher priced 1050 models. After considering the benefits of a DL1050XT in Orange/White, and deciding that to me a DL1050XT was worth the lowest price I could find. I then sent email to dealers with one in stock in all the surrounding states (NH, MA, VT and ME) with an Out-The-Door offer for the lowest price I could find nationally on that specific bike. A half dozen rejection replies later I just looked for the closest dealer offering that price which was Delmarva Powersports in Salisbury MD. When contacted they sent updated photos, confirmed their offered price was OTD and even reduced it a bit more. All that was left was to call in my credit card deposit, and outfit my car to tow a trailer. Owning stroms I've never needed a trailer, but ran out of riding season before I could negotiate this purchase. The trailer was a good call because we trailered home on 11/30/21 to find snow back in NH.

Glad I bought in December because it took a couple months to get it phase 1 outfitted for touring. Can't wait to log some miles, camp and find out by field testing what I missed in the initial bike outfitting.

With a bit of luck the forecast warm weather predicted for the 2nd week of March will mean a short mud season. The first 4 rides of 2022 crossed mud and ice to reach the pavement. That was not ideal for a brand new and heavier bike, but by ride #4 I was feeling pretty confident on the rutted mud. Maybe even too confident. This bike has way more power and seem more sure footed than my gen1 650 models. Even the stock tires seem to be performing very similar to my gen1 with Anakee Adventure tires.

Really the only thing so far I dislike about the 2020 DL1050XT is that they really want me to buy expensive gas for it. So far I have, but I'm certainly going to experiment a bit with the lower grades. I'm not sure if I'll always be able to find premium gas in the remote areas that I like to tour in. When I can cross the borders I love riding into eastern Canada. Hoping the borders open up this year so I can finally get to Newfoundland.

·
Administrator
14,821 Posts
@RedAnt

Congrats! The (Canadian) DL1050 is designed to run 90+ octane which is what I normally run. I have had no issue with 89 and if I have to run 87 then I avoid high throttle settings at lower rpm were detonation is most likely.

..Tom

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought mine late Sept.2021(1050xt)at Motor Sports World in Ottawa.Was in Ottawa to test ride a 1000 kawi verses.Did that.Guy in parking lot on a yami. Tenere said to do my self a favour & test out a vstrom,as they had a demo available.What the hell,close by.I had no inkling to buy a Suzuki.Big smiles on me until he said the show room& demo bike sold. Really liked bike,but lots of dealers out there.
2.5 hours later I’m home.Dealer had called,financing fell through on show room bike buyer.I put a deposit on visa. Great deal,plus free Garmin gps with mounts,& free 5 year warranty.
Went back with trailer 2 days later & still smiling.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts