StromTrooper banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oro-Medonte, ON Canada. Pick mine up in about a week and purchased from St Onge Recreation in Barrie, ON

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Oro-Medonte, ON Canada. Pick mine up in about a week and purchased from St Onge Recreation in Barrie, ON
Was up your ways this past Monday riding on Old Barrie road (and ended up going to Bala via Southwood.)

Have you seen this before?

Lots of history there!

..Tom

·
Registered
285 Posts
From Port Perry, Ontario, Canada.

Bought my bike from Blackstock Motorsports, my local dealer.

Picked up my DL1050 July 1st and havent had any long trips so have only put 13,300+km on it.

Main reason I haven't ridden that much (apart from closed border) is the seat isn't working for me. I should have my Russell Day Long in the next several days and that will cure that issue.

If I can juggle my work schedule I hope to wake a week or so and run up to Thunder Bay taking hwy 17 (with side trips) and do a loop back on hwy 11.

Snow and covid 19 could change those plans.

..Tom
Are you getting the front and rear seat done by Russell or just the front?

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Are you getting the front and rear seat done by Russell or just the front?
I had the front modified and the back left stock but covered with matching leather (by RDL.)

..Tom

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just bought a creamsicle 1050xt this afternoon. Went into the test tide this morning hoping it would be much like my 06 dl650 only improved, and was not disappointed. Lovely handling and power in a bike that made me feel like I'm a better rider than I really am.

Dealer: I-90 Motorsports in Issaquah, Washington.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bought my 1050XT at Barnes Brothers in Canonsburg PA and absolutely love it especially on the highways. Kept my 650 XT, because I like it on the twisty backroads with all of its shifting and grunting coming into and out of turns. I love riding them both, but for different reasons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I'm in Yorkshire , England. Just bought the DL1050 in Grey from Colin Appleyards in Keighley.
Lovin' it so far. Had a Versys 1000 previously (and V-Strom 650 before that)
I'm finding the ride very 'planted' and the engine very smooth (for a V twin!)
Thinking of fitting foot peg lowering kit and would also like to raise the handlebars by a bit but can't find a suitable kit and also don't think there's enough slack in the cable to raise it! (Has anybody out there fitted bar risers easily?)
Cheers.

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
How long were you without your seat while it was at RDL for the work to be done? I want one too.
I was fortunate enough to get a loaner seat so no downtime.

The seat was shipped a week or two after the production. I forget how long in advance they wanted the seat there but Russell Day Long's web site gives a good overview and if you call then they are very helpful.

..Tom

·
Vendor
5,434 Posts
You probably got the only one they will get. Gastonia is not a bastion of adventure touring and told me a few years ago that V-Stroms just sit on the floor without interest. Heavy NASCAR influence and mostly cruisers and sport bikes. Actually I'm surrounded by cruisers and sport bikes. But it did provide you with a great deal. S0 :giggle:

·
Registered
14 Posts
You probably got the only one they will get. Gastonia is not a bastion of adventure touring and told me a few years ago that V-Stroms just sit on the floor without interest. Heavy NASCAR influence and mostly cruisers and sport bikes. Actually I'm surrounded by cruisers and sport bikes. But it did provide you with a great deal. S0 :giggle:
I believe you're correct. I looked around quite a bit before purchase and this was the best deal within reasonable distance. The dealership management was incredible though and if I were in the market for their mainstay (side by sides, 4 wheelers etc) I'd purchase from them again easily. Manager was super low key and awesome to deal with. :)

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I am in Roxboro NC and I got mine at Fox's Suzuki here in Roxboro. Great bunch of folks there. This is my second bike I got from them. They weren't high pressure and went out of their way to get me the bike I wanted

·
Registered
20 1050xt
7 Posts
Traded in my 12 650 last month for the 1050.
Had bought the 650 in Nov 12 as my first motorcycle from Dreyer Motorsports in Indianapolis. The fact that they let me test ride the 650 5 days after completing rider training and getting my permit helped a lot with that first purchase, so I went back for the 1050.
I’d test ridden some other bikes since then, but hadn’t found any I liked more than my 650.
Had test ridden an 18xt 1000, so didn’t need to try this one out.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts