StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever reason, this forum feels a bit dead. Maybe the bike is just too new and not many owners. Maybe the 1050 isn't selling well? I love mine and it was a good fit for my use case. Very happy with it so far.

With that said, I was just wondering this morning - where all the new V-Strom 1050 owners located...??

I am in the United States, near Raleigh, NC & bought my 1050 from a great "small-town" dealership in Sanford, NC.

What about you? Where are all of the new owners located and where did you buy your bike?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm from Croatia, Europe. And I bought mine in Suzuki dealership in Croatia. Mine was first registered,at least I was told that. I ordered it last Christmas and it came to my address on 6th Od April.

Poslano sa mog SM-G965F koristeći Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi ,I'm from Scotland. Bought mine from Suzuki dealer in Fife on the 1st of September . Have done 1200 miles and really like it. Only complaint is the front suspension is a bit crude over uneven tarmac.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im in Perth Australia and I think Im the only owner of this bike in my state of Western Australia.
I have done over 4000klm and I absolutley love this bike so cant understand why there arent more sales of this machine.
The price is fair compared to the competition, the XT has a lot of extras at a discounted price.
Its sits right in the goldilocks zone of 1037CC not to big not too small and in the growing Adventure motorcycle catergory.
Maybe Covid 19 is to blame or just the younger riders are just not riding these types of bike.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi ,I'm from Scotland. Bought mine from Suzuki dealer in Fife on the 1st of September . Have done 1200 miles and really like it. Only complaint is the front suspension is a bit crude over uneven tarmac.
Try adjusting the front suspension and dampier to harder. The factory setting for the front fork is 4.
I tried to make my softer and it was worse.
Set for harder and it worked fine.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Fort Mill South Carolina. I bought the bike while on a trip to Colorado and bought it in Montrose CO. I've had it about 6 weeks and am slightly over 3000 miles now.

Its an awesome bike!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try adjusting the front suspension and dampier to harder. The factory setting for the front fork is 4.
I tried to make my softer and it was worse.
Set for harder and it worked fine.
Hi, when you say you set it harder, how much more did you wind the front pre-load down by ? I have softened the compression dampening 4 clicks softer from standard. I thought there was an improvement. But I will set it back to standard and try what you have done (once you send me your setting)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just go back to the standard settings. Front fork pre load factory setting 4. Damping force adjustment to set to standard position turn adjuster clockwise until it stops then turn it counter clockwise 8 clicks . To make it harder do only do one notch at a time. I found the factory settings were better after I change them back from softer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I live in New Bern, NC and bought mine in a dealership just outside Richmond, VA called Ultimate Cycles where I got a great deal on it. Mine is the XT model and I've mostly been riding around town and no trips yet. I love all of it except the seat which I'll replace at some point down the road.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Essex, Ontario, Canada. Bought from Xtreme FX, a nearby small Suzuki/Kawasaki dealership. I put down a deposit on January 19 and took delivery on May 21. Mine is the XA model (XT for the rest of the world) and I love it, with the exception of (as many have already noted) the seat.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live in New Bern, NC and bought mine in a dealership just outside Richmond, VA called Ultimate Cycles where I got a great deal on it. Mine is the XT model and I've mostly been riding around town and no trips yet. I love all of it except the seat which I'll replace at some point down the road.
Great to see another North Carolina, U.S. owner out there!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just go back to the standard settings. Front fork pre load factory setting 4. Damping force adjustment to set to standard position turn adjuster clockwise until it stops then turn it counter clockwise 8 clicks . To make it harder do only do one notch at a time. I found the factory settings were better after I change them back from softer.
I put the front pre-load to 2 lines showing, and while it handled imperfect surfaces better, it took away the plushness on smoother roads. So I set everything back to standard. The head mechanic at my Suzuki dealership has the same bike, and said that the suspension was perfect. ( By that , I think he means its as good as what is available for adjustment.) However he said that he backed off the rear preload a little. I started to wonder if the vibe through the bars might be coming through the bike from the rear suspension, so I turned it back 3 clicks from standard. This has a real noticeable improvement to the front ride quality. I weigh 70kg.

·
Administrator
13,810 Posts
From Port Perry, Ontario, Canada.

Bought my bike from Blackstock Motorsports, my local dealer.

Picked up my DL1050 July 1st and havent had any long trips so have only put 13,300+km on it.

Main reason I haven't ridden that much (apart from closed border) is the seat isn't working for me. I should have my Russell Day Long in the next several days and that will cure that issue.

If I can juggle my work schedule I hope to wake a week or so and run up to Thunder Bay taking hwy 17 (with side trips) and do a loop back on hwy 11.

Snow and covid 19 could change those plans.

..Tom

·
Registered
3016 DL1000 ABS
533 Posts
From Wicklow in Ireland. Purchased my 2016 from AMI in Gorey. I purchased it as a Two up tourer and it is brilliant for that purpose, but just as much of a delight solo. It has never given me an ounce of trouble and it is a keeper for the forseeable future.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Charlotte North Carolina, purchased local from a small dealership (MS PowerSports). Only dealer who cared enough to actually want a sale. Let me test ride too. Just completed the 600mi break in service.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts