StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have to be honest. I love my 2005 Wee for what it is, but my 2007 Triumph Tiger is in another league. My wife, on the other hand, loves riding on the back of the Wee more. So, when I got the Tiger I kept the Wee. (If you have never rode a Triumph 1050 Tiger, DON"T....you will be changed in how you view the Wee).

So, we are out on the Wee the other day and had lunch. I was telling the wife about the new designed Wee that his coming and the first thing out of her mouth was: "You are going to trade up, right?".

Bless her heart, she loves the Wee! I have a feeling when the new one comes out it will be priced higher. I bought our '05 at a fair price when it was new. Doubt I could replace it for anything close to that now. I won't sell it as its worth more to us than what the used value is. Perfect shape. Expertly maintained and service. Not a scratch to be found. Sure, I wish it had ABS like my Tiger and my former BMW's, but.....

·
Registered
558 Posts
She's a keeper, man.

The wife, and the V-Strom.

·
Super Moderator
4,603 Posts
I was telling the wife about the new designed Wee that his coming and the first thing out of her mouth was: "You are going to trade up, right?".
Are we married to the same woman? :yikes:

Mine keeps telling me to sell my Wee and buy a new one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ha! Mine keeps telling me to buy a Harley. :thumbdown:

The Wee isn't pretty enough, and some friends keep telling her how comfortable the rear seat can be on a Hardley Ableson. I just bought a Givi top case and back rest, so maybe that'll satisfy her for a bit. Or maybe I need two bikes... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
72 Posts
What's wrong with a Harley? I've got one and I like it an XL883R. The touring models are really good for two up riding. Granted my Harley is a farm implement, but that's what I like about it. It is not fast, vibrates, has mediocre brakes, but I still like riding it. It is the essence of motorcycling. It is also extremely easy to maintain. I wouldn't get rid of my Wee for it, but it is a completely different riding experience. Depending upon what mood I'm in is what bike I take out to ride.

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
My wife told me to go pound sand but I'm working on her. :yesnod:

·
Super Moderator
4,603 Posts
Ha! Mine keeps telling me to buy a Harley. :thumbdown:

The Wee isn't pretty enough, and some friends keep telling her how comfortable the rear seat can be on a Hardley Ableson. I just bought a Givi top case and back rest, so maybe that'll satisfy her for a bit. Or maybe I need two bikes... :mrgreen:

Mine would never tell me to buy an HD!

Pillion? I haven't had a pillion on a bike in over 40 years and it's going to stay that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts