1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
263 Posts
I use TKC 80 tires. I notice they get a little more greasy in the rain as they wear. I change them at the wear bars, no problems so far.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've let a rear get to wear indicators but never a front, I would estimate 15% left estimate from memory, but with a rear that was at or closer to the wear indicators when the front started to wash, the rear was prolly already sliding

Now of course, I'm on the darkside running a winter car tire in the back, the front begins to wash out but the rear is still gripping good, I'm gonna keep running it another month till I put my "winter" studded front tire on, I'm kinda in the same delema with my studded Karoo as well, its got 2 winter seasons on it and still has 40% tread and has not thrown a single stud, the edges of the knobs are worn so the rubber doesn't bite like new but the studs are still very effective on frozen surface

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
239 Posts
on to Pilot Roads!

I replaced the OEM tires with Pilot Roads, I mainly commute with my Wee, so as soon as the TW's worn down about 13k, I went with the PR's. I really like them they handle well and so far are wearing well, almost another 8k and they look pretty good!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
sometimes I get sawblade wear in front (too much pavment) and have reversed the tire to get more treadlife

has anyone else done this?
I know people who do that on other bikes.
I might be inclined to next time I put knobs on.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts