StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the front wheel from an 04 DL6550 fit my 12 DL 650? Just started getting the front end shake and thought I would see if it is the tire by putting my wife's front wheel on it.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I doubt it but it may be possible. The ABS won't work and there may be a problem with the brake rotor position or axle spacers. You can try it and let us know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Front end shake

Will the front wheel from an 04 DL6550 fit my 12 DL 650? Just started getting the front end shake and thought I would see if it is the tire by putting my wife's front wheel on it.
What type of front end shake are you getting? I have a noticeable shake from 30 mph to 45 mph. I took it to the dealer, he took the wheel off and he said everything seemed ok, but I still have it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Perhaps the steering nut needs a little tightening?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think the shake is quite common, and I think it's a combination of factors, slightly loose steering head bearings and slight cupping of the front tire from underinflation, and flexy front forks. I run about 36 psi front and that helped some, also snugged up the steering head bearings, but what really helped was the addition of a fork brace, even with the cupped front tire(to be replaced SOON), the shake is damn near gone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Front wheel shake

I think the shake is quite common, and I think it's a combination of factors, slightly loose steering head bearings and slight cupping of the front tire from underinflation, and flexy front forks. I run about 36 psi front and that helped some, also snugged up the steering head bearings, but what really helped was the addition of a fork brace, even with the cupped front tire(to be replaced SOON), the shake is damn near gone.
Thanks for the comments. Interesting, however mine was checked at about 700 miles, so no tire cupping, inflation of tire was checked and I have Adventuretech's fork brace installed with no evident improvement in shake. I'll have the steering head tightness checked. Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Try putting 42 psi in the front tire and ride it for a bit to see if it improved, then you'll know if the tire is contributing.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts