StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having chased the UKGS Owners clubs all over Salisbury Plain (large UK open area where they train the army to drive tanks) on my DL650, I decided that only chunky tyres would enable me to go through the worst bits - or at least that seemed to be how those GSers that didn't fall off got through.

Problem is that most of my riding is on the road and I don't want to be on off road tyres all the time. A spare set of wheels would appear to be the answer but there aren't many '07 ABS wreaks around so, I wondered if someone out there in Stromtrooperland can tell me if non ABS wheels would be a straight swap. Off road I can live with pulling the fuses on the ABS unit if it gives me the grip I need

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have been looking for a set of wheels for months now and no used ones to be found. I have a K7 non abs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking for a set of wheels for months now and no used ones to be found. I have a K7 non abs.
But are ABS and non ABS wheels interchangeable or are they model specific? Only obvious difference I can see ids the ABS ring. I guess the key question is did they change anything other than the swing arm length when they went twin plugged?

·
Registered
3 Posts
But are ABS and non ABS wheels interchangeable or are they model specific? Only obvious difference I can see ids the ABS ring. I guess the key question is did they change anything other than the swing arm length when they went twin plugged?

Non-ABS 650 rims will not fit an ABS 650 bike. Look at the center hub, it has a different design. (Bolt pattern for the ABS ring and rotor.) I had both bikes an 05 wee and a now a 011 wee.

I should stop in hear a little more often, just sold the set off the 05.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If I was going to get a spare set of wheels/tires I would get spoked wheels for their higher strength.:yesnod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts