StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
In NSW they can and do charge you with "operating a vechile in a manor dangerious " They take your licence off you on the spot and you have go before a Court to determine when you get your licence back . I remeber reading about it in Two wheels ( about 33years ago )when they were testing a CBX 1000 six the rider who was an " A" grade race rider lost his licence for only 24 hours as he could prove he was well expernced rider and I think Magistrate was easy on hime. So I learnt from that . Never get caught !!.

It is realy up to the Police if they charge you . Some Country boys down Wagga way I think would have you locked up for an inch off the ground as they have "something to prove ".

Some ex police motorcyclist I know would have pulled you over and depending on YOUR attitude they may just warn you .

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Remember its YOUR attitude that has more to do with number ,if any, tickets you get.

A few week ago I saw a young idot trying to argue with a highway patrol officer when he was pulled over . We all had a laught as this skinny short "P" driver ethinic kid was doing a dummy spit in front of his lowered japanese tubo car . The bonnet was up and the officer was not one you should argue with . The officer who I have meet is about 6' 4" about 160-180 Kgs and makes me look small . He is the Police specilist in car defects and this idot is giving him a mouthfull as the officer is writing tickets . I guess the kid dose not know the old Police motto "You can write tickets that thicker than most peoples wallet" and the saying I have heard "there is another book of tickets in the car do you want me to get it ??? " .

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Handling cops is easy.

I just take off my helmet and they see I'm an "old fart".

I say "yes officer, sorry officer" a lot.

They tell me I should know better, not to do it again and send me off with a warning [well most of the time anyway :embarassed: ]

You are right Graham.
Bounce them and you are guaranteed a ticket.
Be polite and respectful and more often than not you will only get a warning.

They are only doing their job [some a little excessively perhaps].
Run the risk of doing silly things then you will most likely pay for it sooner or later.

Hopefully most cops would understand the difference of a slight lift of the front wheel taking off from traffic lights compared to a full on 100mt wheelie up the middle of the street.

And, with luck, also that standing on the pegs while idling through a 50kph zone to relieve a sore butt on a touring/adventure bike is not "stunting". :fineprint:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts