StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting caught popping the front wheel off the ground now costs $2000 here . $700 fine .7 days impound. towing + $320 a year for 3 years extra on the insurance

·
Registered
541 Posts
getting caught popping the front wheel off the ground now costs $2000 here . $700 fine .7 days impound. towing + $320 a year for 3 years extra on the insurance
Good thing it nearly takes an act of congress to get air under the Wee front wheel. :yikes:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Good thing it nearly takes an act of congress to get air under the Wee front wheel. :yikes:
I routinely get mine three or four inches off the ground when taking off from the traffic lights when some :furious: moron in a tin top tries to put his front wheel on my foot and then thinks he can beat a bike away on the green.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The key is not getting caught.:yesnod:

·
Registered
261 Posts
would hate to think what drink driving or burnouts would get you
or any other standard OZIE riding behaviour:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Wheelie

Can somebody teach me the trick on keeping it on the deck? Seriously I love the comment "act of congress" it got my funny bone. Act of congress, isn't that some kind of boy/girl entanglement in India.

·
Registered
654 Posts
we have had that law here for a while in Ontario.

Its all in one bill meant to take care of street racing. Basiclay 50kph over or more is criminal, 1 week suspension big fine . And if you got o court and win, say you had a gps and a spot on you and everything says you did 130 max (still good ticket but not 50 over) you are still out all the impound fees and other fees and such.

Its a guilty until proven innocent law the way its written, and they tossed in stunting. Even standing on the pegs (something wee and dirt bike riders do for control) could be seen by cops as stunting. And bam you get hit with the same thing.

Basically I really do understand the reason for the law, but its just done badley. IE no definition of what stunting is, its cops description. and if a cop an't a motorcyclist they may not know what a stunt is. And the guilty on the spot part is sad.

but here is the fun part, friend of mine who dose above speed limit numbers but not 50 over idea has been having fun. He has founf that cops now on the highways don't bother as much with speeders, they hunt down for 150 over people. So doing 130-140 use to be a good way of getting a ticket now is some what safe. His driving record has never been cleaner.

So not only is the law bad, cops are usign it as a money generator :headbang: I mean the guy doing 140 and swerving all over the place in traffic needs a ticket at least but now good chance that person will get off because not 150, not enough cash.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks Chris.
I'll be passing through Golden in the next week or so, must remember to stay on both wheels.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
So not only is the law bad, cops are usign it as a money generator
That never happens here in the USA.

All our laws are reasonable and never get twisted into unintentional uses.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Forget wheelies, this doesn't impact the average Joe.....the same consequence for getting caught at 40kph over (25mph) the speed limit......leave ya stranded on the side of the road, to make your own way home, regardless of where you get caught.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Pop your wheelies and ride as fast as you want to. And when the pigs pull you over, tell them:

We want to be free! We want to be free to do what we want to do! We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the MAN!

They'll appreciate the candid expressions of your feelings, and send you on your way with a handshake and a smile.

·
Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
522 Posts
Forget wheelies, this doesn't impact the average Joe.....the same consequence for getting caught at 40kph over (25mph) the speed limit......leave ya stranded on the side of the road, to make your own way home, regardless of where you get caught.
And I was wondering why SOME of the Canadian's I've ridden with lately don't quite keep up with the aggressive pace? :confused: Living under those laws would eventually neuter the riding habits of me too I suppose! Ha Ha just kidding, I'd probably still ride like a hooligan foolish American:headbang:

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Black Lab can do an impressive wheelie. Closed course, professional driver. :fineprint:

·
Registered
808 Posts
In the Yukon, a fellow told us that 40+ over the limit is 7 days in impound.

Sure, tell us this after we spent a few days tearing up BC at 140, 150, 160kph! :fineprint:

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
BC passed 2 laws recently:
- No handheld devices
- 40 km/h over the speed limit and your vehicle gets confiscated.

I have issues with both.
1) Nobody seems to be enforcing the cell-phone ban. Drivers seem to think that holding the phone in their hand and cranking up the volume is enough to circumvent the law (and it might very well be).
Studies have shown over and over again that hand-held or hands-free doesn't make a rat's ass of a difference; it's the cognitive load of having a phone conversation with someone who is not in the car that detrimentally affects the driving performance.
2) I commute at my normal pace (which is between 130 and 160 km/h) in a 90km/h zone every day. I don't do anything stupid (I don't even know how to do a wheelie), and I don't drive fast in iffy situations. I have been doing this for over half a million kilometres without a crash or ticket. Why should I be targetted/penalised for "good behaviour"?

Speed limits do absolutely nothing to increase road safety; in fact, they bring a false sense of security which increases unconscious risk-taking behaviour. I have evidence of this: Germany (no speed limit) has 5x less crashes than the US (per vehicle per km driven); they do have mandatory training and a more difficult test though. I know that's not really good evidence, but traffic safety research is how I make my living, so please keep in mind that that's just one example; I have more (examples and references) if you need them.

To the OP: bummer; I'm sorry, but you really should keep in mind that your brake is on the front wheel and if it ain't on the ground it ain't working...
There's no reason to wheelie a bike...

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
A friend of mine recently found out how the new laws work. 225 km(140 mph) got his bike impounded and a total of $800 in fines and fees. He seemed to be addicted to going fast on a 959 Triumph. The bike is now history after he swapped it off for a C-50 Suzuki.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts