StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,549 Posts
I would replace it with an OEM part. The gap between sensor and rotation wheel is very sensitive.
You should also have a dashboard alert up if your ABS not working. If not something is wrong somewhere.

That black round piece welded under the swingarm is for a spool to enable a swingarm stand to lift the rear wheel off the ground. Where do you think that rotation sensor should fit?
Your bike looks like a 2007-10 DL650. I will have a look at my service manual.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,549 Posts
That cable does seem like it is the rotation sensor cable, but the whole unit is not there.
I agree with the above and you may find the rest of it attached to the bike. In that case I very much doubt that it can be repaired.
An image or two of the upper swingarm and brake caliper bracket would help.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,549 Posts
That's it all right.
Not just a matter of gluing it back though. As locoblanco says may be repairable but you would need some very delicate work to reestablish the electrical connections, and then to make the repair withstand normal flexing etc.

Myself I would replace the cable. You could spend a whole lot of time on it only to find it quickly fail.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,549 Posts
That’s what I am finding will have to happen. It would be beyond my own soldering skills unfortunately.

Do you know if it is possible to find out what other bikes this is on?
I cannot confirm it but I believe:

There are also others that look similar. You would need to inspect the ends and tell the seller your cable length. I doubt that Suzuki would reinvent the wheel for every model.

Reactions: Gert
1 - 5 of 5 Posts