StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotta do headset bearings soon, so figure I should prob do wheel bearings too, whilst it's apart.
I get it wet and dirty occasionally, don't really want it failing.

Does anyone have info on the part numbers for universal replacements?

Mine's a K8 w/ ABS.

Thanx
Paul

·
Registered
860 Posts
If the bearings are still smooth then just pack them with grease. No such thing as too much grease when it comes to wheel bearings.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
bearings

with the bearings its worth paying for made in europe ones as they last three times as long . they cost alot more but are worth the money . an SKF rather than KOYO is the way to go

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
sealed one side

also if you get a bearing sealed on both sides you can open the seal on one side and add an extra amount of grease of a high quality . i learned this from my previous bike that [ honda xrl 650] needed regular bearing replacement

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Don't add grease to a 2RS bearing. The amount in there is optimal. Pack more in and it hurts performance and can blow a seal. There is also the possibility the added grease could be incompatible with what is already in there. Japanese bearings are fine, as are American and European. It's Chinese bearings that are suspect. SKF is a worldwide company. I used Japanese SKF bearings on my bike.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
If you move the inner race with your finger if you feel ANY notchyness then replace it. Wiggle it there should be no axial play

I would look at cush hub and change as a replaceable PM part

UPGRADE to tapered rollers head bearing and research how to set tapered roller bearings

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I need to do my front ones, there is some play in them [I presume they can't be adjusted like a car's wheel bearings].

Has anyone used the ones from SV Racing?

I'm about to order a chain and sprockets from Blair and was going to add the bearings in the same order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts