StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oddly enough a search turned up nothing.

Any recommendations for a tank bag for my Strom? I am looking for something water proof or with at least a water proof cover and kinda of midsized. Nothing too masssive.

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Administrator
17,009 Posts
The google search box is awesome, the other is worthless.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The old tank bag from my Yamaha Venture is great. Fits well on the Wee tank and the magnets hold it securely. The issue is that the map pocket has dulled over the years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use this tiny bag I originally bought for a nighthawk 250. You can't fit much in it, but I haven't found myself wanting anything larger. Of course, I also have full hard luggage and tank panniers when needed.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I had a magnetic tankbag, but didn't use it much since taking it on and off at fill ups without scratching the tank was tedious. Eventually it just started to scratch the tank anyway. So I just picked up a Givi xs308 which mounts to a tankring, so no contact on the paint, it goes on and off super easy. I run it on the bike all the time, it never comes off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
good value Motopak

Motopak GT-MINI expandable tank bag available through redlinemotoparts.com is only about $60 on sale from $75

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a magnetic tankbag, but didn't use it much since taking it on and off at fill ups without scratching the tank was tedious. Eventually it just started to scratch the tank anyway. So I just picked up a Givi xs308 which mounts to a tankring, so no contact on the paint, it goes on and off super easy. I run it on the bike all the time, it never comes off.
It looks like that tank bag matches the contour of the tank pretty well, it doesn't look like it is supported behind the tank ring though, with it loaded up does the rear edge contact the tank at all?

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Sorry, you left me at "midsized." I can fit a basketball team into mine. The coach, too.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
That's a nice set up. If I needed one, I'd be looking for this. Mine never comes off the bike either. I took my old Luggage Locker (out of business) and mounted it to the Cortech Dryver tank ring and it's still serviceable.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It looks like that tank bag matches the contour of the tank pretty well, it doesn't look like it is supported behind the tank ring though, with it loaded up does the rear edge contact the tank at all?
It does contact the tank a bit in the back, I put a little clear contact paper on the tank to protect it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Oddly enough a search turned up nothing.

Any recommendations for a tank bag for my Strom? I am looking for something water proof or with at least a water proof cover and kinda of midsized. Nothing too masssive.
I am partial to my Bags Connection Quick-Lock EVO City tank bag. Comes with a rain cover. Too big? Then the Bags Connection Quick-Lock EVO Engage tank bag. Both are great bags.

·
Registered
508 Posts
tank bag

I have a dual sport tank bag from http://www.dual-star.com. Bought it a long time ago as it was made for the KLR. It turns out that it is a perfect fit for my 2009 DL1000. It is big but it can be collapsed. In all my travels I have never needed it fully extended. The waterproof over bag renders the bag waterproof even in the heaviest of downpours.

Brian

·
Registered
859 Posts
I bought the GIVI 3D604 with tank ring attachment. Expands out to 15 liters, has a nice phone viewing window in the top as well as a windowed tablet holder that is detachable. Works great as a map holder. Probably a little bigger than I need for everyday use but am very happy with the quality. Comes with a waterproof cover. Here is a pic.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone have the Givi XS307 Tanklock bag? I don't need a huge tank bag and the 307 looks about the right size.
I am hoping to get up to Whitehorse Gear's open house this weekend and see if they have it in stock.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nelson-Rigg CL-1050 Adventure Touring Tank Bag

I have a Nelson-Rigg CL-1050 bag, nice bag, easy to unclip the straps for fill up. Has a rain cover, I have used it in some nasty rain storms last year and nothing in my bag got wet, I cut a hole in the side and hooked up a powerlet to it as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a Nelson-Rigg CL-1050 bag, nice bag, easy to unclip the straps for fill up. Has a rain cover, I have used it in some nasty rain storms last year and nothing in my bag got wet, I cut a hole in the side and hooked up a powerlet to it as well.
I agree with OldStromy's assessment. I've use this tank bag on several trips and in many different conditions.
Above average quality at a decent price. It's worth a look IMO.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts