StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is a forum favorite or what people like. I really am a fan of the Magnetic bags. My last one I owned that I had on a FJR was a Rapid Transit Stack LT Magnetic Tank Bag. I really thought this was a great tank bag but this was quite a few years ago and am wondering if there is better for my Vee. Any ideas of what works good with the Vee and why you like it would be appreciated. Photo's and links always a big plus. A photo is worth a million words. Looking forward to taking my Vee out for it's first ride in about a week.

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
I've got a Bag Connection system, it's the best I've found for my needs. Good size, nice map window, very fast and easy on-off the bike, doesn't touch the paint. Only thing I don't like is the lack of a small rear pocket, but that's not major.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've got a Bag Connection system, it's the best I've found for my needs. Good size, nice map window, very fast and easy on-off the bike, doesn't touch the paint. Only thing I don't like is the lack of a small rear pocket, but that's not major.
I also have Bag Connections City Bag with tank cap ring attachment. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Man, you've got a lot of questions for the new ride :D. I've got a handful of magnetic bags (a Nelson Rigg, an old Wolfman, an Ogio, and an Icon), don't really care for them on the Vee. The tank shape doesn't work great with most of them, the Ogio could work alright, but I ended up getting a Wolfman Rainier for mine. Fits great, tons of room but not too big, I'm very happy with it. A bit cheaper than the Bags Connection units, more room, and I like Wolfmans stuff, I've got an Enduro tank bag on my DR650 and the old magnetic one fits my Ural well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, you've got a lot of questions for the new ride :D.

Ya sorry about all the questions. Just found the VSRI website and seems alot of my questions may be able to be answered over there. I will try and tone it down a little. lol.. I am looking forward to riding this bike soon though. To bad I am 360 miles away from it for another week. I need to ride this thing and make sure I will even like it. I haven't even rode it and I already bought that Remus pipe and power commander that was listed on Ebay the other day. I love to Farkle..:yesnod:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ya sorry about all the questions. Just found the VSRI website and seems alot of my questions may be able to be answered over there. I will try and tone it down a little. lol.. I am looking forward to riding this bike soon though. To bad I am 360 miles away from it for another week. I need to ride this thing and make sure I will even like it. I haven't even rode it and I already bought that Remus pipe and power commander that was listed on Ebay the other day. I love to Farkle..:yesnod:
No worries man, coincidentally many of your questions are either ones I need answered or have recently answered :D. They're fun bikes, I just took my K5 for an hour long ride today and enjoyed every second. I have the Remus pipes and PCIII, I think you'll like them. What'd they end up selling for? I've had mine for a bit over a month and I've already put on HT racks and luggage, engine guards, a skid plate, lift links, a center stand, new levers, a Madstad, a GPS mount, and a few other miscellaneous things. Farkling is addictive...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I haven't been able to try any other tank bags on my Vstrom yet so "my favorite" is the one I have now, a Wolfman Explorer Lite. I actually bought this bag for my KLR and when I got the Vstrom it fit perfectly so I haven't seen the need to get a different one. I am using Wolfman's universal mounting harness and it works excellent on the Strom.

I "might" consider a slightly larger one but with my ROX risers the bars hit the bag on the full lock as it is so I'm not sure a larger one would work.

Overall I'm very happy with it. The only other tank bag I've used is a Chase Harper that I used on my BMW for years. I think the Wolfman is better made.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I didn't want a big bag and I'm not a huge fan of magnetic bags (I do have one but have hardly used) but I did want a place to put little things so I got the little bags connection Daypak 2. Haven't used it a lot but it works fine as my "glove-box".

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a hard time finding the right size tank bag for the Vee. Not a lot of space on the tank to work with. Chose a small size Cortech magnetic tank bag (can't remember the size in liters) that fits just fine on top of the gas tank.. I carry my sunglasses, cellphone, earplugs, pressure gauge,etc Small size but big enough for what I need. Bought it from Cycle Gear for about fifty bucks or so.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Just for information there is a Google custom search box in the top of each screen this searches the forum and only the forum. Tank Bags rival only oil and tyres as questions on this forum and there have been tens of thousands of words typed about them and hundreds if not thousands of photos of them posted. A bit of time even doing a cursory search will give you all the information that you could possibly want and save people rehashing the same opinions about the same products once again.

·
Registered
376 Posts
really like how my Wolfman Ranier fits, and the 4 straps (vs. 3) are really secure ( I hate havingbit slide all over)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Marsee 20 litre tear drop magnetic tank bag. Too bad they stopped making it. It fits the shape of the Vee tank well.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have a small magnetic Manta bag that I use all the time--love it. If I need more capacity for touring I have a couple of older expandable strap-on bags that are meant to work with a relatively flat tank, so I made a custom-shaped foam pad that makes it fit the strom tank perfectly, and it seems to make it 'stickier', so it doesn't slide around at all. It looks a bit homemade, but works like a charm.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I like my Bags Connection Engage XL. 17 litres is just right for travelling, has separate rear pocket for little stuff, nice map pocket (removable), raincover that works, easy on/off for refuelling, no touching of the paint, not in the way when standing up off road.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts