StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 DL 650 has been dying when I come to a stop. This seems to happen first thing in the morning on my way to work. It then will have trouble starting and when it does, it almost red lines even tho i am not accelerating my throttle. Then it will seem to rev high and only top out at 40 mph until it gets "warmed up" ? Then it will seem to be ok with an occasional chug or lurch. The same happens when I leave work. But it seems to be fine after riding for a while and has only died at my first stop of any ride, either coming from or going to work. Is it possible something is in the tank? I have been using premium octane and was thinking of draining the tank to clean it or if thee may be an additive I could use the next time I fill up?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I have never worked on nor owned a 650, but that is how the 1000 acts when the TPS (Throttle position switch) is either going out or way out of adjustment.

·
Registered
307 Posts
With the bike off, twist the throttle a half dozen times or so. See if that eliminates the bike dying for a while. If so, there is probably some crud built up on surfaces.

That was one bit of advice I received here and it has worked for me so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts