StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My aging KLR uses some oil over each riding season and I went to buy a litre of plain old 10w30.
$16. :surprise: at the local servo.

Okay I'm thinking ....that's just the servo ripping off....nah prices are stoopid high.

I'm used to $6 a litre in Canada for plain jane = maybe $8 at the servo.

Now I know my full synthetic oil change and filter with labour is $100 every 10,000 km at the mechanic in Canada but damn. $16 for plain old dino oil. :furious:

Lucky we aren't running on oil instead of gas. >:)

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found 4 litres of 20-50 for $24 at the local grocer. That will be fine for my 15 year old KLR.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Are you sure the oil at the Servo wasn't cold pressed and extra virgin? Hurry back, Canadian Tire has 20% off motorcycle oil this week!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
My aging KLR uses some oil over each riding season and I went to buy a litre of plain old 10w30. $16. :surprise: at the local servo.

<snip>

I'm used to $6 a litre in Canada for plain jane = maybe $8 at the servo.
1. Servo - brand name oil?

2. Non-brand name?

You could always buy cheap crap like Valvoline.

I buy from SuperCrap Auto or Repco when the specials are on. I use full synthetic in the Rangie.

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brand name
was looking at the servo for a generic ....this was purely for top up. :furious:

the 4 litre was generic

Reactions: p38arover

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Had to look that one up.

servo (plural servos)

(Australia, New Zealand) A service station, being a place to buy petrol for cars etc., as well as various convenience items, with or without actual car service facilities.
Man arrested after allegedly driving car through servo — title of Australian Broadcasting Commission News Radio item, 3 June 2005 [1]
Usually a quart of cheapo motor oil at the local convenience store here is $5 US. You can get it much cheaper elsewhere. Buy oil at super stores. :wink2:

Prices for EVERYTHING here is going way up. Especially medical type services.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts