StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like twisted throttle's web site is down. Anyone know if they are just having problems or are they out of business?

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Joe S. said:
Seems like twisted throttle's web site is down. Anyone know if they are just having problems or are they out of business?
I'm having the same problem? :roll:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Twisted Throttle is very much alive and very well. They've been doing website maintenance. Looks like it's all fixed fear not. Erik and the gang are well and in fact Twisted Throttle is growing by leaps and bounds.

Jeff

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beware of Twisted Throttle

Twisted Throttle ripped me off for givi top case. i'll never do business with them again.
after long wait for top case due to back order, Twisted Throttle said, they shipped it two months ago. making impossible for me to cancel order and or cancel credit card payment. :x

·
Registered
441 Posts
Jim,

That sucks! Oh man, sorry to hear it. Did you ever get the case at all??

Jeff

·
Registered
76 Posts
twisted throttle

Other than being expesive, they seem like nice people. I guess they must be the US distributor for SW Motech because all SW prices seem to be fixed to what ever Twisted charges for SW stuff. I am starting to look at product by other companies becused I think SW stuff is over priced.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: twisted throttle

element said:
Other than being expesive, they seem like nice people. I guess they must be the US distributor for SW Motech because all SW prices seem to be fixed to what ever Twisted charges for SW stuff. I am starting to look at product by other companies becused I think SW stuff is over priced.
I think you'll find anything imported expensive. The quality is there though.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Scribbles,

You'll find the HIGH-QUALITY imported stuff expensive. Typically Euro-farkles. There's a fair amount of cheesy imported stuff that's cheap, because, well...it's cheap.

I very much like the fit, finish and beef of my Motech crashbars although one of the mounting tabs has a big crack, I am sure that's very unusual. Motech is supposed to review the pictures I sent in to determine if they'll replace it.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MWValley said:
Scribbles,

You'll find the HIGH-QUALITY imported stuff expensive. Typically Euro-farkles. There's a fair amount of cheesy imported stuff that's cheap, because, well...it's cheap.
I've pretty much found when you see a major distributor like Twisted Throttle or Adventure Motostuff stake their reputations on an imported brand, you can pretty much bet its got the quality. You may not like one brand over another for different reasons but the quality is usually there. The question for me is always; Is the import worth the extra money?

Conversely, when you buy solely on the cheapest price factor you set yourself up for disappointment right from the start. As you said... it's cheap, because..... well… it's cheap!

With all that said, I’m always comparing different products for value. If I can find a comparable, less expensive product I certainly consider it. No matter how much money a person has it's only natural to want to get the most for the money spent.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Right on, Scribbles. I wasn't trying to bust your chops, I was just being silly. Of course if you see some piece of moto-gear from a company you've never heard of and it costs about half of what a known-good-quality part costs your radar should be blipping pretty fast, eh?

You betcha. SW Motech, Touratech, Five Stars, yaddah, yaddah, this is all good stuff. It's very high quality and imported like you say, which just adds to the cost of bringing it to our market. With sufficient demand, which does exist, you won't see much discounting either, which we don't.

I have always believed that buying cheap is false economy. If you can afford a better, hammer, car, bike part, whatever and you take care of it, it will be better and cheaper in the long run. I paid $15,000 for a slightly used Swedish station wagon 12 years ago. Some of my friends laughed at me. Now I am laughing at them because they've used up two or three cars since then and I am still driving the same one.

That being said I think I can get 100,000 miles out of my litre Strom. That would be a good value, don't you think?

Cheers and Happy New Year to all

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No offence taken at all and none intended!

I think it’s only natural to want the most for your money and want it to last. That’s what this discussion is about. Like most Americans, I'd rather buy American, but I can't ignore quality either. Also, many of the imported products are simply not made in this country.

Like you, I’d love nothing better than for my new 06 to last 100,000 miles. If it did, along with my Wing, it just might be the last bike I ever bought. (Don’t count on it though! :wink: )

Happy New Year to You & Yours!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Roger copy there, Scribbles. Cool avatar by the way!

Happy New Year to all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts