StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was from a week ago and I like the all one # as well as the 10K jumps. I'm sure a few more than me , so post up so we can see who has the most. Had mine a little less than 2 years

·
Registered
238 Posts
6,800 on my ‘19 (purchased 10/2019). If not for the recent restrictions (ex. I haven’t been commuting)...I’d be around 10,000 by now.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some people never stay home.

I feel for you Greg, as I know you would be there if you could.

Reactions: notacop

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
My 2018 DL1000 is 2yrs old it has 21,300 its been a great trouble free bike..(y):)

Reactions: EMFL

·
2015 DL650
149 Posts
I got 5K on my '18 I picked up new this past November. Been everything that I have wanted. I hope one day to be able to put on miles like others on the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way OP...kudos for the humble brag thread. :LOL:🍻
Wasn't meant to, but came out that way. Did think that a few would post with more. A friend bought a 18 Tenere at the same time and has 60K+ and if V-Tom had one it surly it would be higher.

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wasn't meant to, but came out that way. Did think that a few would post with more. A friend bought a 18 Tenere at the same time and has 60K+ and if V-Tom had one it surly it would be higher.
I’m sure there are a few folks with more miles on similar aged stroms here, but I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that at 15,000+ miles/year...you’re likely at the extreme high end for riders (all riders...not forum regulars), in terms of annual mileage accrual.

With the exception of people with exceptionally shitty commutes... not many people have time to rack up that kind of miles on two wheels.

·
Administrator
13,492 Posts
I’m sure there are a few folks with more miles on similar aged stroms here, but I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that at 15,000+ miles/year...you’re likely at the extreme high end for riders (all riders...not forum regulars), in terms of annual mileage accrual.
I've been riding about 30,000 miles per year (over that the last few years) on my DL1000. It's a 2015 so the 138,800+ miles / 233,500 km it has don't count on this thread.

..Tom

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I'm at 25,500 since May 2018 on a new '18... but I have 3 bikes, work full time + OT (I get the impression a lot of members here are retired / older), and take most of my long trips (month -ish) in a truck for ease of camping and ability to share driving with my wife. If those variables were taken out I'd be up there in miles! I do commute but it's 5 miles one way so...

Reactions: nvr2old

·
Registered
330 Posts
2018 bought in May 2018, 7500 miles (12k km). Like many of you work/life limit the time I have to ride, but from April to November I ride to work (rain or shine). My factory tires are shot, but that's not a suprise with all the stop&go frim being stuck in traffic.

The only issue with the bike is the rust on the brake disks

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just bought my 18 vstrom yesterday with .5 miles (new old stock). It currently has 50 lol but with a 30 mile commute one way to work I’ll be racking up miles quick this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just bought mine in May this year 2018 and I am at 3850 kms now.
Similiar here. Purchased late March with a few hundred miles. Now at 2500 miles.

I’ve noticed post break in I’m riding this bike too hard. It’s addicting and I need to slow down.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts