StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and there are many different bars on the bikes, some bikes have sliders some not. I am looking for a bar that protects as good as a slider (or close to it) and can take footpegs.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I am going through the very same process. I think they are all basically 'good' products that do the same job with same results... so, all quality things being somewhat equal I like the looks of the Givi crash bars the best. The SWMotech are also nice.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the AltRiders with their sliders. The Wee has remained upright since the install, but this system seems to be very robust & installs easily. Also no added vibes.:thumbup:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the AltRiders with their sliders. The Wee has remained upright since the install, but this system seems to be very robust & installs easily. Also no added vibes.:thumbup:
+1 for the Altriders. They're thicker diameter bars than Givi, they're stainless steel so if you scratch the powdercoat they won't immediately start rusting , and they don't buzz like the Givi's. The sliders are also a very nice option if you mostly ride street.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The Pat Walsh bars may be the most utilitarian out there. I just don't like the way they look and, being a street rider only, I don't want a skid plate. The Altriders may be the most expensive but I'd go with them including sliders if I had a new bike. The old, low SW-Motechs I have with SVRacingparts.com sliders are much like that combo. If price was more important than stainless, I'd choose V-Strom - Tank Guards and those sliders as the Vstroma guards are old SW-M clones.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Big fan of the Pat Walsh system. The quality of the materials and fasteners are top notch, and it's MADE IN USA. The Altrider bars are incredibly nice too. Those would be the only ones I'd consider if you're looking for top notch USA made bars.

And, I kinda like the way my PWD bars look [and the integral skid plate is very unobtrusive]!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts